Car Jacks

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Fins59

Car Jacks

Post by Fins59 »

Seeing car jacks are a topic.....got a question. What do you guys carry for a jack in your '59's for actual use? You'd surely not use your Mopar issued bumper jack on that nice chrome bumper.
I carry a small 2-ton floor jack (in a case) and a cross bar lug wrench in my trunk. I'm thinking I might change over to a scissor jack. Take up less trunk space.

Last time I had a flat tire was in July 2004 and was memorable. It was at the Iola Car Show & Swap Meet. The theme that year was Plymouth and they wanted my SF in the feature tent. As I was pulling into the huge tent I noticed the car was hard steering. After parking, got out and saw the right front tire was almost flat. Luckily I had a matching spare. Later on I discovered that the leak was coming from the valve stem. Before I left home that day I checked air pressure and the valve stem thingy didn't seal or seat back properly so that was an easy fix.
Shortly after I pulled in a Road Runner pulled into the tent spewing anti freeze all over the place. I'll take a flat tire over that anyday :D .

Almost forgot, BTW John Q....do you know that if we run into our son's, JACK, on an airplane, we can't say "Hi" to them?
Nighthawk

Re: Car Jacks

Post by Nighthawk »

I carry a 4 way lug wrench and a scissor jack that was donated by some shitbox that was being scrapped.....
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

I carry a 2 ton hydraulic scissor jack and a 4 way lug wrench. I don't remember if I told you guys but when I went to the Lake Mirror Concours with my Desoto I had one of my whitewalls seperate. The only place you can get a 225/75R/14 whitewall these days is from Coker (UGH) made in Mexico from old used molding machines. Got that on the car in time for the trip BUT about 50 miles up the road had another tire seperate. My spare was a 3/4" whitewall so had to show the care with the spare. On the way home about 30 miles from home the water pump crashed. Thank god for AAA.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Fins59 wrote:Almost forgot, BTW John Q....do you know that if we run into our son's, JACK, on an airplane, we can't say "Hi" to them?

He he! Yes we did review that once together my son and I did after watching the Movie "Air Plane!" (Hospital? What is it ? Its a big building...." What is the clearance Clarence?"

I will use a scissor jack in my car when I get the darn thing on the road! Or call AAA and tell them to come fix it! :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

Are Youse Guys crazy?, NTSB will not be friendly! :o
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

OH BY THE WAY>>>> I can install LO JACK on Frau Blue Car Plymouth. Especially after the 72nd and Wadsworth car jacking incident.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

RICKYMOPAR wrote:OH BY THE WAY>>>> I can install LO JACK on Frau Blue Car Plymouth. Especially after the 72nd and Wadsworth car jacking incident.
I just heard about that car jacking here in Arvada...I think you are safer in Broomfield where you reside! That has to be one of the first Car Jacking I have heard about here in Arvada.

Mopar Ricky, you have own many different Fin cars and still own a 61 300G I believe, what jack type is in you 300? Solid or hollow?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Mopar Ricky has named the Turquiose convert I have as "Frau Blue Car" a play on words from Young Frankenstein Movie with Gene Wilder, There is a character called Frau Blukar(sp?), and a horse would whinny we that name was called out since it means horse glue in German. or close to that... :P

Mopar Ricky also has rebuilt my AFB 4bbl for me. Which I am grateful for! Hope to have it fired up soon so we can make final adjustments to it.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

The Jack question answer is, I have both types of jacks. And I do not remember what the extra solid jack came from?