Fin Visitor

Your banter here!
Fins59

Fin Visitor

Post by Fins59 »

A couple days ago I was out working in my garage and a fellow pulled up in my driveway. My new garage is a little bit behind my house but visible from road and with garage door open you can see rear of my '59.
Anyway he comes walking up and says (with an accent) "I see fins". Then I knew he was ok and not a zoning inspector or whatever.
Turns out he's from Finland working here in the area at a hospital repairing their expensive medical machines. And he is a Mopar enthusiast. Has a '70 Cuda convert and a Dodge Charger among others, but also likes "fin" cars. He asked me if I was interested in selling mine. Before he finished sentence I said "no". And he laughed and said "that was fast".
He also said he has a friend in Finland that has a 1957 Plymouth 4-door and needed a bumper and a rear door. I told him about Forward Look site so maybe he'll pass that onto friend.
It was a nice visit and I told him to stop by again.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Fin Visitor

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

John Z. That was a unique encounter... Weird that I also have a 70 Cuda Convertible and a 69 Charger too..

Well, he can find may an fin car on the FL site to bring back to Finlandia with him, Who knows he may even snag a 59 Plymouth too before he heads back! (Hopefully not yours in the middle of the night!) :lol:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Fins59

Re: Fin Visitor

Post by Fins59 »

I think he has a '74 Charger but he did mention a '69 Charger somewhere nearby but it was just a shell and he expressed interest in it but I couldn't comprehend everything he said about it. The '69 is my favorite by the way.
He was kind of checking out my door locks and asked if I had a dog, etc. (just kidding :) )