clutch linkage

Looking for something? Post it here!
forwardlooklunatic

clutch linkage

Post by forwardlooklunatic »

Hey guys,

I know it's been a while, but just a few hours ago I finally put the new torque stud in my savoy, only to find out I'm missing yet another part. In the old diagram it's called "end" and it's drawing # 6-24-1. Can someone post the Mopar part # please? Thanks!!!
Mike
bought my grandma a ball of steel wool and she's knitting me a foreign car.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: clutch linkage

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Mike, I show that PN to be a 1675245 under the 6-24-0 section, sub section as 6-24-1, (page 6-2) description is END, Front, MD2 good for both Dodges and Plymouths, 6 cyl and V-8's alike.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
forwardlooklunatic

Hmmm... not finding any results at all with that PN. I'll keep trying. Faulkner posted the exploded diagram of the clutch linkage years ago; it can still be viewed under my posts if that helps anyone
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Mike, I will go to work this weekend and scan the part number page if you like. Probably won't be till Saturday Night. I will see if I can do it sooner. I could fax the page to you quicker if you like...

Let me know.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
forwardlooklunatic

I don't have a fax machine, if you could just post it that would be great! I'll still keep searching too. Somebody must have it!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I tried my two known links to NOS suppliers...Deception Pass Auto Parts, and Collector Parts Online,...they do not have your part. Perhaps that part would cross-reference thru Hollander's???
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

according to the Parts Book, you need TWO... :(
Have you sent an inquiry Email to John Fowlie at Big M Auto Parts?
forwardlooklunatic

Roger, yes I also tried Chet's Auto Parts and Mitchell Motor Parts, who both had the torque stud i needed, and no luck. I don't see how I would need two, unless it's a two-piece part. All it does is connect the torque tube to the clutch fork, activating the clutch. Really wish I hadn't moved 3 times since I took it apart, I would still have these things! Thanks everyone for all your help!!!
Mike
forwardlooklunatic

I did a little more research and found in my '58 manual the part is called "clutch fork release rod". No mention in the '59 supplement, so I'm assuming they're the same. There is also an adjusting nut, but I can get that at any hardware store. Also realized that I haven't tried Andy Bernbaum yet.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

alright, I am getting a bit confused here. You said the part is called "end". In the 1959 Parts Book, there is an exploded diagram of the linkage, showing two "ends", one on each side of the "shaft", and below the stud. (I'd include the diagram, but I don't know the proper way to post it)
The "stud" fits into the "shaft". The "ends" below it are connected to eachother by means of a nut (so suggests the diagram). The second "end" has a spring attached. These "ends" ressemble eyebolts. What their precise function is I dunno.
I am surprised John Fowlie has none of these. Manual tranny Plymouths are not so terribly uncommon...
I will try to find time to either scan this diagram, or photograph it, and send it to Dan (or you, if you want).
forwardlooklunatic

The end I need is the one below the stud I think, because it attaches to the clutch fork. It would actually resemble an eye bolt. I looked up Big M auto parts, and came up with many pages of results. Can you give me a link to this guy, John Fowler, or give more details about his site??
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Apparenty you don't know the premier ForwardlLook Mopar Salvage Yard in the US...John Fowlie and his new bride M'lissa, owners of Big M Auto Parts in Williams, CA.
Go ahead and Email him at bigmauto@colusanet.com. John has a particular affection for 59 Plymouths..if he doesnt have your needed parts in his yard, he can find them. When you email him, mention me (Roger Howard) and/or 59sport fury.net.
forwardlooklunatic

Roger, Thank you, I will e-mail him tomorrow. I see now that there are two ends, one on the pedal side of the torque shaft, and one on the fork side. The upper one (pedal side) is still there because I didn't need to remove it to get the torque stud off. I'm just missing the bottom one. Also I double checked and the adjusting nut is still there too.
Mike
big m

Post by big m »

Mike,
I do have quite a few manual transmission '57-'59 Plymouths here, but I'm still unsure of what part you actually are needing.

Is it the small rod that goes from the clutch bellcrank [also called a Z bar] to the clutch fork? I wasn't able to cross your part number to my reference either. If you could clarify this, I would be more than happy to look for you. ---John
In rust we trust!
forwardlooklunatic

John, yeah that's it!! There is also a threaded rod with the adjusting nut, which is still on my car but I need the rod that fits over it and the hardware to fasten it to the fork. Let me know how much and I'll send a money order ASAP. Thanks!
Mike