Tulsarama - Tulsa OK, June 1-8, 2007

Been to any good car shows lately? Got pix? Share your story!
batmobile

Tulsarama - Tulsa OK, June 1-8, 2007

Post by batmobile »

gonna head that way first thing in the morning, 2-3 hour drive. wish i had some contact info for some of the other guys, oh well, i'll keep my eyes peeled for any old plymmies. did yall hear the news, they peeled open the lid of the tomb and it was flooded w/ water(?), hope the '57 survived. - i won't get crap for location but any good pics i get i'll share w/ yall. talk to yall sunday. --j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

In case you can log in on the road, there were lots of chances to connect with ForwardLookers via the www.forwardlook.net site. THey tell which hotels they are in, what restaurants they are meeting at...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

The pictures coming out of Tulsa were, well, shocking... Get any closeups you can post here, Jeremy?

I'm of two minds about the car; preserving it as is, or restoring it. Folks say we have plenty of restored '57's. But we have plenty of rusted hulks too!

I dunno. I'm leaning towards putting it back in the condition it went in.

What do you folks say?

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Wheres the pics Dan? Havent really seen any......

Bob
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Here's one, Bob -- Plenty more at this site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/batesline/554855604

Dan
554855604_2ae8109ea8.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

i'm debating weather or not to take my camera to the gun range for some one on one time w/ my 12 gauge! i lost about 80% of all the pics i took! :x All the pics from the unearthing r gone!!!! -about 10 decent ones. i am so mad at the d@%$ thing!!! only thing keeping me back is the 50 bucks i paid 4 it, but i'm thinking the hell w/ the money, i want satisfaction!
i have a few regular pics when they had it on display, but i have no way of posting them. yeah, bummer about the car. somebody rubbed a little on the stainless and the bumper and they cleaned up pretty good. the chrome bumper almost looked new!(in the one spot anyways) i couldn't believe it. one of boyd's guys broke the d/s vent window getting in, someone from the forward look site was able to get his hands on it as a momento. i managed to catch up w/ john and some of the other guys from various forward look sites sat night. we drank a few beers in the hotel parking garage talking cars. great showing of finned mopars, 50-100 were there, mainly '57s. about 10 '57 furys- buckskin beige heaven :shock: . only saw one '59, was a medium-dark green savoy sedan.
i'm guessing, on the buried car, whenever they first put it in was when the plastic was tore. had a good size rip on the d/s rear fin. i think i also spotted one on the front, right side i believe. the car had been in the water for years, probabaly shortly after being buried. u can easily see the water marks where the water went up and down over the years. such a shame, a top of the line plymouth (well close to it) brand new, with just a few miles, never enjoyed, never taken ownership. one good thing did come of it, it brought all us mopar guys together in one spot, who knows if and when we will all get together like that again.
-it was a wet drive up friday morning, found out my windshield leaks in my olds the hard way. lol napkins worked quite well though! :lol: i hydroplayned about 20 miles outside of tulsa. doing about 55 in a down pore my trunk was trying to pass me! :shock: after sliding sideways for a bit one way, i flopped the other way and slid that may for a spell. probably lasted only 10-15 seconds, but seemed much longer when i was thinking how much it was gonna hurt when i wiped out. --j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
59savoy

Post by 59savoy »

were you in the hotel garage thursday or friday night? if it was friday, we may have met! i had an absolutely great time; i only wish we could do this every year, but that is of course impossible. just the same, i would like to see this kind of comradery continue, i thought it was fantastic!
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

yup that's me, back probs and all. lol. i had a blast too, i wish we could do this more often, and i wish i could drive batmobile! :roll: i was gonna shoot for monday for cement so i could use my shop again, but the rain has come again. got 2 " + last night. weathermen said the rain was over, now they're saying its gonna rain all week, what gives?! :x --jeremy
big m

Post by big m »

59savoy wrote:were you in the hotel garage thursday or friday night? if it was friday, we may have met! i had an absolutely great time; i only wish we could do this every year, but that is of course impossible. just the same, i would like to see this kind of comradery continue, i thought it was fantastic!
Dave, you're right on the money there! I did not go to Tulsa solely to see the buried Belvedere, but to meet some of the folks I have corresponded with the last several years.

I saw Jeremy, Mike Bond, Alex Lehr, whom are members of this site.

As my Sport Fury is far from anything that can be driven, I drove my red '57 Fury to the event, a total of just under 4100 miles. The only problem I experienced was a bit of a fuel starvation in the Arizona mountains, and that was corrected by replacing the fuel pump with a spare used one I had brought along.

As well as Tulsa, we drove the "Lonliest Highway in America" [highway 50 through central Nevada], visited both Arches National Monument in Utah, and the Grand Canyon. We traveled old Route 66 all the way back, staying at neon motels and eating at the old diners along the way.

I won't be making it to Carlisle this year, as my car's tongue is hanging out, and my wallet is empty! LOL!

I'll try to get some pics up, as we had taken about 500 during the trip. ---John
In rust we trust!