Ornament-horn blowing ring

Looking for something? Post it here!
4dHT

Ornament-horn blowing ring

Post by 4dHT »

:) Anybody got an ornament for the standard horn-blowing ring? Round,
aluminum, has Plymouth painted in black -- Mine has 1 tab instead of 3 (part # 1856296) and is very loose. I also need a bushing with a screw (part # for set of three: 1450494), I have 2 not 3. Am I also supposed to have a cushion ?(part # 1141458) thanks, finally cleaned up my steering wheel and put the new horn-blowing ring on. Will get pic soon. Beth.
rogerh

standard horn stuff

Post by rogerh »

Beth, I have the silvered center emblem you need. Yes, you need the cushion..a small rubber doughnut, it keeps it all together..but I can't find any here at the moment.
Do you have the springy fingered thing..sorry, I tried to send two pics, but was lucky to at least get one sent..after randomly pushing buttons..the bushings keep the horn switch in place while not allowing it to ground out and sound the horn. For the complete kit, try www.bigmauto.com.
rats, my photo is too large to send..maybe i can send it to you directly
Faulkner

Re: standard horn stuff

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote: rats, my photo is too large to send..maybe i can send it to you directly
I think I set the limit on pic size to 1MB, or 1024x1024... forget for sure. If you ever find that a pic you want to send is too big, open it with Microsoft Paint, go to "Image" --> "Stretch/Skew", and reduce both dimensions by the same percentage to get it under 1024x1024; then save it, and retry. A lot of extra work, I know. Just a tip...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: standard horn stuff

Post by Faulkner »

Here's a pic Roger intended for you to see, Beth. Click on the picture to enlarge it. You can contact him directly if you need anything you see here. Best of luck!

Dan
pict0008.jpg
Last edited by Faulkner on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

(thank you Dan, for re-sizing the pic)
Sorry, the "cushion" Beth seeks is not to be found here.
Contact John @ Big M, or Tom Fox.
4dHT

ornament-horn blowing ring

Post by 4dHT »

:D Thanks all! Will contact Roger and Tom Fox. Beth.