59 sport fury models

Your banter here!
zook250

59 sport fury models

Post by zook250 »

i came across a site recently that sells 59 sport fury convertable 1:25 scale models. i emailed them and they said that a hardtop model is in the works , but that no time frame has been determined. if we all email the company maybe they would make a hardtop version sooner, maybe even a regular fury model would be nice as well. the company is called " the modelhaus". the contact person is Carol @ 'models@modelhaus.com'

there is another site with pictures of the 59, http://www.wheatsnostalgia.com/index.php?view?870-04

this shows a green 59 sport fury convertable. they also sell individual parts from steering wheels to rear tail lights.

anyone have any experience with this company?
Faulkner

Re: 59 sport fury models

Post by Faulkner »

zook250 wrote:anyone have any experience with this company?
Curt, I've been trying every 6 months or so for a coupla years for this guy to make a hardtop piece for the 'vert, to no avail.... Here's my last correspondence with him.

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: modelhaus [mailto:modelhaus@q-com.com]
> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 10:11 PM
> To: Dan Morton
> Subject: Re: '59 Sport Fury convertible
>
> Dan,
> Right now and for the foreseeable future there wont be a
> hardtop available.
> Don
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dan Morton" <morton@rad.upenn.edu>
> To: "'modelhaus'" <modelhaus@q-com.com>
> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:52 PM
> Subject: RE: '59 Sport Fury convertible
>
>
> > Hi Don! Just thought I'd check in, about the availability
> > of a hardtop for the '59 SF...
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dan
Last edited by Faulkner on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Wow! Atho I've heard of Autohaus, I've never viewed their web site, and I've never seen this model before! Stunning photo! Almost pries $180 out of my wallet! Has anyone purchased from them before? I have neither the talent nor the patience to assemble a model.
zook250

Post by zook250 »

the 59 model from modelhaus is actually $82.00. the one from Wheats nostalgia is the same model, the difference is that it is assembled and painted, and an extra hundred bucks.(180.00)

below is the message i received yesterday from modelhaus.

Our CV kit is a Sport Fury. Don is considering doing a hardtop version of this kit in the future, but there is no time table for doing so. You can see a picture of one of our finished kits at www.wheatsnostalgia.com. Click on browse inventory, then Memory Lane Extra under type. He has one pictured.

Carol
The Modelhaus
on this site you will see all kinds of 57,58 and 60 fury's (hardtops and even 4 doors)
how much time would it take to modify an existing roof to look like a 59
lets all email them this week and see if we can get a hardtop done.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

zook250 wrote:lets all email them this week and see if we can get a hardtop done.
Well.... Mebbe:
Dan Morton wrote: > ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dan Morton" <mortond@uphs.upenn.edu>
> To: "modelhaus" <modelhaus@q-com.com>
> Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 3:30 PM
> Subject: RE: '59 Sport Fury convertible
>
>
> Don,
>
> I'm pining for a '59 hardtop. Every car show I go to, I look around and
> never see one; they try to hawk '58's everytime. You would have the corner
> on the market. I have lot's of acquaintances from the Forward Look
> Newsgroup, that would buy a '59 hardtop in a heartbeat. If you'd like me to
> conduct a poll, I'd be happy to -- and have them email you directly.
>
> Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: modelhaus [mailto:modelhaus@q-com.com]
> Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 6:42 PM
> To: Dan Morton
> Subject: Re: '59 Sport Fury convertible
>
>
> Dan,
> Any work on your part is not necessary. You could order 10 cars today and it
> would be months before I could even think about the project. I'm more than
> booked for time between now and the end of the year. Don't give up though,
> sometime the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
> Cordially,
> Don Holthaus
I've got a dozen emails back and forth with Don about this; sometimes his reply is kind enough, like above, other times it's more like "get outta my face". A deluge of email could persuade him, I guess, or it could just p*ss him off. Dunno... I hope it works! I'll buy one, if he makes 'em.

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Based on Dan's actions and Don's reactions..an Email campaign might work, or it might backfire. I recently got a Palmer HT model on Ebay, but I may not want to assemble it. I'll say it again -the $180 completed convertible model looks very tempting..
zook250

Post by zook250 »

i think i might pick up the convertable kit and do some body work myself. some light guage metal, a dremell tool , grinder and some patience i think i might attempt a roof. i have a couple of 58' models that i can snag a rear window out of. this will be a year project, if and when i get it done i'll send some pictures to Dan for posting. by then Don will probably have a kit ready to go.
zook250

Post by zook250 »

well i ordered the kit. then i find this site http://www.modelroundup.com/resin.htm

they have a 1:25 sportfury hardtop that is in stock. you need an amt 58 fury model to complete the kit.

i guess i will have to order this one too.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

zook250 wrote:well i ordered the kit. then i find this site http://www.modelroundup.com/resin.htm

they have a 1:25 sportfury hardtop that is in stock. you need an amt 58 fury model to complete the kit.

i guess i will have to order this one too.
Wow, 35 bucks + a donor kit! The '58 is on page 8 of the AMT section, for $14 -- under 50 bucks total. Now that sounds like a deal... There's only a few of the '58's left, though. Curt, I wasn't clear on who made the '59 -- is it "NOS", or is it something Model Roundup commissioned?

Dan

Post by Guest »

the part designation for the sport fury hardtop is RK-109, so im thinking it has somthing to do with a revell kit, thus RK-109. i already have the amt 58 kit that i bought a couple of years ago.
zook250

Post by zook250 »

both kits ordered . i ll post some pics when they come in. i posted last night about the revell kit , but i guess i was a guest on my home computer.
big m

Post by big m »

Here's a pic of a sport Fury model which a friend custom made for me. If I ever get it done, this is how my car will look.---John
59_model.jpg
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hmmm.... I'm admiring it.

The dual quad setup in the background, that is :lol:

Dan
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

if the '59 turns out as good as the frame is and as nice as ur '57, ur gonna be one proud papa. 8) i'm still working on the '58 on e-bay, the price keeps going up, got my heart set on it so i'll probably end up breaking my bank. lol at least it finally met the reserve, $350 reserve is not too bad, i was sure i was never gonna reach it. i know i need another project like a whole in the head, but it's hard to satisfy that "itch". this time tomorrow i should know whos car it's gonna be, i'll keep ya'll informed. i am recooping from my drunken stooper from last night, it was my buddy rueben's b-day, he had a few, but i got hammered! total list of beverages: 1 pitcher-magarita, 3 shots-tequila, 1 pitcher of mgd. that is a lot for my skinny ass, i think i drowned the red blood cells in my alcohol stream. :D it'll be a while before i drink that much again!--jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
big m

Post by big m »

Thanks for the good word, Jeremy! I hope you can score the '58, looks like you still have the high bid. The dual-Quad set-up in the background of the pic is a spare for a '58 Fury which I have ratholed away for a future project.---John
In rust we trust!