Newbie here...

rustfreeincali

Newbie here...

Post by rustfreeincali »

Thanks for the add. Wife and I just picked up a '59 Fury project. Car sat neglected for at least the last 20 years in a warehouse in socal. Got her home Sunday via flatbed and am taking quick inventory of what she will need. Looks to be a 318 block and stock 2brl intake manifold are all thats left of the engine compartment. Tranny present. Bench seats completely shredded but salvageable. Dash fairly intact. My restorer and I will be busy over the next 2 years to bring her back to her glory days. Wife wants to go for a Christine tribute. I know, she's a 4-door, rear tail lights, fins...yada yada yada are different, but we are looking at paint scheme, wheels, engine build-up etc. Thanks again.

Pete and Brandi.
59 Fury Main.JPG
dash.JPG
Engine.JPG
Interior.JPG
Rear.JPG
Faulkner

Re: Newbie here...

Post by Faulkner »

Welcome, Pete and Brandi! It may be a four-door - but it's a hardtop four-door! You are in rare company, indeed. It's going to be a beautiful showcar one day. Please keep us apprised of your progress, and thanks for joining!

-Dan

P.S. due north of you is John Fowlie, proprietor of Big M Automotive. If John ain't got it, you don't need it! :D
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Welcome!! So you guys snagged up that beauty 4drHt! I have been watching it listed on FB marketplace and Ebay. So glad to see its going to a good home and going to get some love.

What part of California are you in? I am currently deployed but I call San Diego home, at least for the next few years as that is where my Plymouth's are.

Can not wait to see your progress!
rustfreeincali

Post by rustfreeincali »

Hi William. We are in Wildomar, just north of Temecula. Scouring the net for unobtanium as we speak. Think we may have found a local resto Mopar shop that has experience with poly engines.
big m

Post by big m »

Looks like a great start!!

Congratulations!!!! 4-door hardtops are fairly scarce, it seems.

---John
In rust we trust!