2bbl intake manifold gasket

Got a question? This is the place to ask
vanguy16

2bbl intake manifold gasket

Post by vanguy16 »

Hello all.

Anyone have or know where I can find a decent intake manifold gasket for our 59 318?

As you can see in the pictures, we are getting some oil seeping through the mounting bolts.
IMG_20210213_130428.jpg
vanguy16

Re: 2bbl intake manifold gasket

Post by vanguy16 »

Also looking to find or make a carburetor shim as I see that it helps to stop the fuel from vaporizing to quickly. Would like to install that when the carburetor gets rebuilt.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Regarding your intake manifold gasket, I had this experience... viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1325

But you'll have to find a source for the gasket. I have this address for Gary, I don't know if it's current: Gary Pavlovich <glpavlovich@cox.net>

If not, Google him. He's a Poly Rock Star.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
vanguy16

Post by vanguy16 »

Thanks!

One issue I fear that is happening is probably due in part to the crossover area crud and heat issues and also the carb probably needing rebuilding.
The car idles in neutral fine but wants to die often when stopped and in gear.
Fuel.pump had need replaced as it was cracked and leaking, the rubber lines were replaced from the metal tube in the engine bay forward.
A very good inspection or sing just replace the rest of the rubber lines from there back to the fuel tank should and probably will be done, in time.

The fuel tank was replaced, but I have no idea about the things inside the tank and how good they are operating.
We feel that most of the rough running issues start happening once the tank reads half empty or half full.

We also need to figure out why the bottom of the dipstick has that light tan water sludge, when we pull it out. Could be moisture rolling down the dipstick, as some other dipstick changed the pull head and there is no seal around the pull handle and tube. Hopefully that's all that is. We had the oil changed recently and most, if not all that sludge came out, but will be checking.