In dash speaker size

Got a question? This is the place to ask
vanguy16

In dash speaker size

Post by vanguy16 »

Hello.

Wondering exactly what the stock speaker size is as I want to get replacements along with a newer Bluetooth stereo.

Also, I will want to splice in the speaker lines from the stock radio with the speaker lines from an aftermarket newer stereo.

I have read that the stock stereo has transistor style outputs and not wise to use 4ohm speakers with it. Is this true?

Has anyone installed rear speakers anywhere? I'd like to, but also hide them so you can't really see them.

Thanks.
Faulkner

Re: In dash speaker size

Post by Faulkner »

vanguy16 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:22 pm I will want to splice in the speaker lines from the stock radio with the speaker lines from an aftermarket newer stereo.

I have read that the stock stereo has transistor style outputs and not wise to use 4ohm speakers with it. Is this true?
I'm confused... Are you going to use the stock radio, or an aftermarket?

I admit to not knowing much about '59 radio options, and whether stereo was a stock option; but, here's a thread about a company that retrofitted my stock (mono) radio with stereo, fade front to rear, AM/FM and Bluetooth.
vanguy16 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:22 pm Wondering exactly what the stock speaker size is as I want to get replacements along with a newer Bluetooth stereo.

Has anyone installed rear speakers anywhere? I'd like to, but also hide them so you can't really see them.
These are the speakers I put in my Fury:

Front speaker 5x7: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_068D572UK ... eaker.html

Rear speakers 6x9: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109STAGE9 ... -9603.html

There are cutouts in the metal frame under the package shelf for speakers. As to hiding them, no help there.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
vanguy16

Re: In dash speaker size

Post by vanguy16 »

Simply going to splice the speaker wires together so that you can hear the original radios sound when at car shows or whatever to see that the original radio still works, but also when driving get the sound from the aftermarket stereo.