Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

'59 Plymouths appear in all of these film clips. Don't expect to make sense of the story! It's all about the cars. Add your own clip, I'll make an icon for it!
Faulkner

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

Post by Faulkner »

Be on the lookout for the occasional parked '59 Plymouth! Of course, the '59 taxi steals the show (as does the one through the rear window through much of the dialog) - but how curious, that when Holly exits the cab it's morphed into a '58!
IMDB wrote:After one of her frequent visits to Tiffany's--New York City's dazzling jewellery store--and the maximum security Sing-Sing prison for mobster Sally Tomato's weekly "weather report", Holly Golightly, Manhattan's elegant socialite, finds herself infatuated with her charming new neighbour, Paul Varjak. Stuck in a persistent creative rut, Paul, too, lets himself drawn into Holly's superficial world, of course, not because he likes the idea that he reminds her of her brother, but because, little by little, he succumbs to Holly's beguiling allure. Even though they don't openly admit it, the two reluctant lovers have a past that they struggle to keep at bay; nevertheless, are their well-hidden secrets powerful enough to keep them apart? After all, Paul and Holly are meant for each other. Will an early-morning breakfast at Tiffany's be the prelude to a breezy young love?
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's

Post by Faulkner »

Comments from the old website. It's sad to read my comment about Bailey the beagle... Now gone for ten years (*sniff*).
Faulkner wrote: [03/02/2008 13:47]
Bailey objects to the cat's screen time...
John Quinn wrote: [31/12/2008 15:22]
The back seat of that 60 Plymouth taxi cab is as wide as the Moon River! I kept waiting for the 59 Plymouth to pass the taxi, but it never did...
Steve Storey wrote: [01/01/2009 07:32]
Audrey and the old cars were both great in that movie.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"