deck lid chrome strip

Looking for something? Post it here!
Faulkner

deck lid chrome strip

Post by Faulkner »

Mine's really beat up... I could try to get it straightened, and I might have to resort to that if I can't find one. Like hen's teeth, right?! Anyone have any good leads?

adTHANKSvance,
Dan
wuzfuz

Deck lid chrome strip...

Post by wuzfuz »

If you're referring to the chrome strip that goes between the trunk lid and the "toilet seat", mine was replaced with an after-market piece of pliable chrome trim from Pep Boys. Perfect - no, reasonably-priced - yes.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hi -- My friend Ed Ober (with whom I believe you're acquainted -- he's mentioned you, although I forget your name. We should do intros!) showed me where he had done that same trick. It looks very good, I'd say.

But actually, I'm looking for the straight piece of stainless that runs along the very lip of the trunk, left to right. Mine's picked up many a ding over the years, and I'm not sure it can be straightened.

Any ideas where I might find one?
wuzfuz

Chrome strip...

Post by wuzfuz »

Faulkner,
No. Ive done well thru Ebay and I have a helpful Parts Manager at Videon Chrysler (Plymouth), Newtown Square, PA. Try calling "Drew" at Videon, he has the patience and will take the time to help locate parts for Plymouths. The phone number is 610-356-7000.
P.S. Yes, I know Ed Ober. I have a red Sport Fury convertible, he has a black Sport Fury hardtop.