Hibernation ends after 21 years

skyhawk61

Hibernation ends after 21 years

Post by skyhawk61 »

I rolled her into the body shop yesterday, and the dis-assembly for restoration begins Monday on my 59 Fury 2 door hardtop; it's been in storage for 21 years. This was my first car, purchased for $550 on June 12, 1967, so it's gonna' get the full treatment. The Beatles had it wrong when they sang "All you need is love." Really, right now, all I need is cash."
59 plymouth day one.jpg
rogerh

Re: Hibernation ends after 21 years

Post by rogerh »

"Let's get it started..."
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Go for it,Ill get my tool box!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Bernie B.

Post by Bernie B. »

1967 was a great year to buy a 1959 Plymouth as your first car... I got mine three months before you did, but you're beating me on the return to "health" by... quite a bit.

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK!

BB
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Ask for gift certicates from Gary Goers company (or at least gift visa card) from all your family in lieu of gifts under the tree! That will go a long way for you!

Sing out on what parts you are looking for so we can help locate them for you.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
skyhawk61

Post by skyhawk61 »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Ask for gift certicates from Gary Goers company (or at least gift visa card) from all your family in lieu of gifts under the tree! That will go a long way for you!

Sing out on what parts you are looking for so we can help locate them for you.

John Q.
Hi John,
I hadn't thought about parts certificates as gift suggestions...that's a great idea! I've owned the car from the time my wife and I were taking it out on dates, we drove it away from the church after our wedding, and my now-grown children rode in it when they were small. I think they might be excited to see it restored to the condition they remember. I'll discreetly drop some hints.
As for parts, I've been gathering parts for this project for the last 20 years. I'm already working on an order from Gary Goers, but I do need a couple of decent Fury 2 door hardtop inside door panels of any color that I can re-do, along with the rear vinyl trim panels below the quarter windows that house the window cranks. The car's interior was red with gray trim originally, but I replaced the worn out seats in the 70s with a spare gray and black interior from a 67 Belvedere (It actually fit quite well) and made custom door panels to match. The old panels were beyond saving. I'm sure there will be some other things that will crop up during the restoration...I restored my Chrysler 300G a few years back so I know to expect the unexpected when re-doing a Forward Look car. Thanks for the encouragement and offer of assistance. Dennis
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

On my 70 Cuda convertible for years I was getting Year One Gift certificates from my in laws and my wife. Helped out a bunch!Gary does not offer any that I am aware of but regular Visa gift cards work well.

Talk with Mopar Ricky (Rick Clapham) on the 300G he has a HT he has owned since the 70's that is unrestored. do you still have your G?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
skyhawk61

Post by skyhawk61 »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:On my 70 Cuda convertible for years I was getting Year One Gift certificates from my in laws and my wife. Helped out a bunch!Gary does not offer any that I am aware of but regular Visa gift cards work well.

Talk with Mopar Ricky (Rick Clapham) on the 300G he has a HT he has owned since the 70's that is unrestored. do you still have your G?

John Q.
I still have the 300G. Here's a pic. Dennis
Pic00044 300G.jpg