Your banter here!
rankinrr

What is it!!!!!!! The car it is :) Who likes a challenge

Post by rankinrr »

1238744_10152184601514325_1982975220_n.jpg
Bernie B.

Re: What is it!!!!!!! The car it is :) Who likes a challe

Post by Bernie B. »

I'd like to start the guessing as a 1952 Ford - Challenges welcome and interesting. Thanks!

Bernie B.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

I'd say you nailed it Bernie,the clue that got me was the v8 badge,Fords were into the 8,s early. Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
rankinrr

Post by rankinrr »

I was leaning Ford myself. Early 50's. My coworker noted photo was taken in 54, and he figured family did not have a new car at the time. I was on Ebay and Google yesterday searching Ford year by year and did not come up with a photo with the V8 symbol and the letters after that. I will check again tonight. Where is the rest of the EXPERTS out there LOL :lol:

Wait, THAT's IT!!!! 1952 Ford Custom I went back through my browser history and I checked every year BUT 52 May I googled and ebayed for hours last night. It was fun. Thanks :D

Or is it a Crestline Victoria.........
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

If it is a Crestline, wouldn't it be a 54 ? Plexiglass top?
Bernie B.

Post by Bernie B. »

It is definitely a '52 based on the location of the "V8" emblem over the wheel well. I knew it was a 52-54 Ford immediately from the shape of the wheel opening/ fender profile/ headlight ring. Seriously, took about 2 seconds, and then saw the hub cap and was convinced. I hope you don't think it was cheating but I then quickly checked pictures of each of the three years before posting. Then memory kicked in, a neighbor of mine back in the 1950's had a '52 Ford, maroon with white top 4 door sedan, most likely a six cylinder as he was an old man then. I simply grew up with this stuff all around, as the neighbor across the street from that Ford, my next door neighbor about 200 feet up the street, had a dark green 51 Hudson Hornet 4 door sedan. Further up the street was a Frazer sedan. I used to ride to Kindergarten with a few other kids in the back of a 51 or 52 Kaiser... taxicab! Long before riding in the diesel-powered 59 Plymouth taxi years later (it stunk, the smell that is.) Old age is your friend before it becomes a problem, I think.

Ricky, about 10 years ago there was a guy out this way who had a 54 Ford with the Plexiglas roof AND the Plexiglas hood, a Ford marketing program to show off their new overhead valve V8 engine... a show-off trick first used on the 49 Olds for the same purpose, which I was lucky enough to see one of them in person back in the 1990's at a Hemmings sponsored show in Bennington, Vermont.

BB