steptoe

Post by steptoe »

hi i am new to this computer age. not too sure what im doing but i"l give it a go. i have a gold 59 plmouth belvedere restored but with later 80,s australian chrysler drivetrain. beautiful car and rare here as only 800 were shipped here in 59 from canada. australian models used the 59 desoto dash i believe as they were also made in righthand drive. i also have recently aquired a 59 imperial crown coupe out of nevada that was owned by an old lady from new and driven by her til 99 when she bought a small japanese car and put the imperial up on blocks. it shows only 60 000 miles on the clock , electric everything leather seats etc . will begin restoring when i can find a source for rear quarter panel rust repair panels. i also own a 25 chev bakers van part restored, a 28 chev tourer unrestored and various other classics. i wil post phots of my cars as soon as i can find someone to take photos and show me how to put them in this damned computer.Wasnt life better when people used letters and envelopes, and cars had points and carburettors .it is my lifes ambition to never own a car with a computer in it .so far so good.cheers steptoe.
jason

Re: new member

Post by jason »

Hi steptoe,
Welcome to the cleb. I'm from Adelaide and I reckon I know of your gold 59!
Used to beoong to a friend of mine Nick and was regularly used for weddings.
I have an Aussie 59 , American 57 and 59 Plymouth also. Good to have you aboard.
Once you learn how to use the computer and load stuff mate you won't look back.
Jase
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Welcome! We of course want to see your gold 59 Plymouth. Hope you figure out how to post pictures.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Welcome Steptoe, love that handle.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Welcome! And yes would love to see Pictures of your 59 Plymouth and the Imperial too!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Welcome Steptoe!! Maybe we can ask Jason to upload some pictures, he or his friend must have some pictures of the gold Belvedere. You need to figure out how to get pictures of the Imperial on your computer yourself but if you can find someone who can email me pictures I will upload them on the forum for you.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
jason

Post by jason »

Actually I might have some somewhere. Taking the 57 out today. Will see what I can do when I get back.