Spring Fling - Colorado 2012

Been to any good car shows lately? Got pix? Share your story!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Spring Fling - Colorado 2012

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Here is the only 59 at this years Spring Fling I attended last weekend. I have more pictures of this car I will dig up from years ago, but only took a few this weekend since I had already knew about the vehicle.

The owner, Alex knew about our 59 site and knew Dan Morton by name (doesn't everyone!)

John Q.
100_4361.JPG
100_4362.JPG
100_4363.JPG
100_4364.JPG
100_4365.JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Re: single 59 SF at 2012 Spring Fling

Post by rogerh »

Hmm, the name Alex isn't ringing a bell with me... :? Dan, help me remember.
White Sport Fury w/361, manual brakes, standard steering wheel, can't see if there's a "Made Especially For" plaque.
I see a funky hood insulating pad, car is missing the driver's side trim aluminum insert, and the stainless on that side shows damage. But hey, I still like it!
This is not one my brother has photographed for me.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

I asked him about the Plaque and he said he never had it when the car was purchased by him many years ago. He did not have a crash pad on the dash either, Those are std on SF's right? And the dash showed no trim holes for the retaining strips either.

The dash had been repainted at some point so it must have been done by a previous owner, I informed him about Just Dash's located right in Van Nuys, and he was not aware that they did our crash pads,

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

The car would seem to be a hybrid, in my opinion. Matthew's serial number check would clarify.
Still and all, a beautiful car! Please don't let me be thought of as one of those on FL who are being disparaged because of their critical observations. I love all the 59s, however they are done up.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Not at all Roger, I missed the missing insert part and I looked at the car 2 or 3 times during the weekend, I have taken many liberties with my car but it still maintains the look of a period car to most everyone. :)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:The owner, Alex knew about our 59 site and knew Dan Morton by name (doesn't everyone!)
Roger wrote:Hmm, the name Alex isn't ringing a bell with me... Dan, help me remember.
Alex Lehr! As I recall, Alex has several '59's - both Ron and I have the pix, we just have to get around to adding him to the showcase :oops:

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Alex said he also has a 59 Plymouth 4 door, 6 pass. station wagon that he is going to add the far rear seat to it to make it a 9 passenger wagon. Nice guy, Figured you and Ron would know of him. 8)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I am missing the pic of the VIN number John!

Dash pads were standard on Sport Fury, optional on all other models.
My best bet is that the dash would be black from the factory.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Matthew, I did not take a pic of the vin last weekend, I will check my old set of pictures I took of this car a couple years ago at this same show to see if I took pictures of it then. If not, I have his phone number and can call him.

I thought a dash pad was std. on SF's, Must have been filled in years ago before Just Dash's started re-popping the pads.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

big m

Post by big m »

rogerh wrote:Hmm, the name Alex isn't ringing a bell with me... :? Dan, help me remember.
White Sport Fury w/361, manual brakes, standard steering wheel, can't see if there's a "Made Especially For" plaque.
I see a funky hood insulating pad, car is missing the driver's side trim aluminum insert, and the stainless on that side shows damage. But hey, I still like it!
This is not one my brother has photographed for me.
Alex is a really nice guy, I met him several years ago when a car he bought broke down a few hours north of here in 2006. I picked him and his car up and took him to a motel, while I scrounged parts to repair his car. The next year I met up with him at Tulsarama, where he had driven a '57 Plymouth down from Missouri to the show.

---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

big m wrote:Alex is a really nice guy, I met him several years ago when a car he bought broke down a few hours north of here in 2006. I picked him and his car up and took him to a motel, while I scrounged parts to repair his car. The next year I met up with him at Tulsarama, where he had driven a '57 Plymouth down from Missouri to the show.
Alex thinks highly of you, John! Here's a snippet from an old correspondence with him:
Alex Lehr wrote:When I started getting serious about collecting cars, a few years ago, I didn't realize that I would be collecting people as well. Because of my "Car Addiction", I've met many, many wonderful people across the United States that I have come to think of as friends. (I traveled to Tulsa, Oklahoma, this year - with my 57' Plymouth - because of John Fowley from Big M).
Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"