Southern Florida travelogue

Ron Keij

Southern Florida travelogue

Post by Ron Keij »

Not really a travelogue but today Marjo and I visited Dick Koch again and he gave us the Grand Tour of West Palm Beach. I can tell all of you that there is no recession here, every mansion you see is even bigger than the previous one! And we have seen where the cost for the garden was a lot higher than of our house in The Netherlands! We had a great time and the best part was of course that Dick sat in the passenger seat for the very first time and let me drive Greenie :D
We ended our visit after a nice dinner as we had to pack and get ready for our very early (6 AM) flight to Philly.

Below our some pictures of two car guys having a great time.

Dick, Thank you for a wonderful day!!!!!
IMG_3639.JPG
no comment :)
IMG_3640.JPG
Car talk at the Atlantic coast
IMG_3638.JPG
Greenie in it's natural environment
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Southern Florida travelogue

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Looks like a nice day for a visit and a drive in a 59! Somehow we have to get Ron and Marjo to live in the US! They are spending way to much on airfare to see all of us!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

John,

I thought this day would never come but this comment is making sense! The first one to find a solution gets a ride in both the hardtop and the convertible. But the travelling has some charm to it, only not if you have a 6 AM flight :cry: And if it were a flight to the sun it would not matter so much but leaving this beautiful weather behind really makes us sad :( :(
But we are blessed to be able to make a such lot of wonderful trips to the US 8)

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

And they are back home!

Dick, couldn't you keep them there????
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Poor Matthew...All of the wild Dutch parties have to come to an end with the return of his parents. Sorta like a Dutch Movie version of "Risky Business"! :o

I am sure deep down, they are glad to see you too!!! :lol:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

I am up next to see Mr Koch in 3 1/2 weeks when the family will be in Orlando just berfore Christmas for a visit to Walt Disney world.

My wife has give me one day off at Disney World to drive down to West Palm area to see Dick and Yvonne and to see his fleet of 59's (plus one De Soto!). Hope he will answer the door when I come a knocking!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

You betcha John - I'll be there waiting. The visit with Ron and Marjo was a pleasure, albeit too short. Ron has to give his camera a restoration, the lens is all screwed up or he was too close when he took those pictures of me. I'm really not that fat and ugly, my mirror displays totally different images. I got to tell you sitting in the passenger seat is not all that much fun. The way Ron drives every time we got out of the car someone had to shake me to break the suction!!. Juct kidding, Ron's a good driver as long as he stays on the right side of the road.
John - If you are in Orlando on a weekend you must save Saturday Night for "Old Town" a couple miles from Disney World. It's a car show with 300 Plus cars. If the timing is right and Yvonne's condition allows I might drive Greenie up.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Dick, i will be there (at Disney) on that Saturday night (Christmas Eve) we fly back to Denver on Sunday, Christmas Day. Hopefully you won't be to tired after making all your rounds in the red 59 Sleigh of yours!!! :o Ho, Ho, Ho!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)