New look to the website

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!

What do you think about the new website style?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:51 pm

The new one is much cleaner -- I like it!
25%
The new one is much cleaner -- I like it!
25%
I like the old style much better
No votes
I like the old style much better
No votes
I don't have strong feelings one way or the other
25%
I don't have strong feelings one way or the other
25%

Total votes: 4

Faulkner

New look to the website

Post by Faulkner »

If you look at the main website page,

http://www.59sportfury.net ,

You'll see a new look that I'm going to adopt throughout. What do you think?
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Looks good Dan!! I really like the background colour but i like the old buttons more!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Thanks Matthew -- I like the old buttons better too, but I don't know how to change their color. The bright blue on steel blue clashes a bit... (*sigh*). If you can figure out how to change it, I'll put them back.

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

P.S. -- don't forget to cast your vote
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I really don't know how to change the colour!! I don't know #### about an own site!
I didn't vote because i don't know what to vote
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I completely agree with Matthew, the new look is much better except for the buttons. Let me know what kind of program you are using for this site and I can ask around how to change the buttons.

Ron Keij
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I just asked my brother. If you use standard buttons from a program you can't change the colours. Or you need to design your own button?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:I completely agree with Matthew, the new look is much better except for the buttons. Let me know what kind of program you are using for this site and I can ask around how to change the buttons.
I'm just including the standard Flash buttons that come with "Dreamweaver".
Matthew Keij wrote:I just asked my brother. If you use standard buttons from a program you can't change the colours. Or you need to design your own button?
Well, I don't have any Flash programming experience, so "I depend on the kindness of strangers" to provide me with pre-programmed samples. Your brother is right about the "blue warbler" button I was using; there's no Flash parameter defined for it that permits you to change the color.

Maybe the solution is for me to experiment with some more "public domain" Flash buttons, and see what folks better than what I'm using now. But I'm afraid I can't use what I was using; the color just looks weird on the new background. Which is "Starlight Blue Poly", by the way -- paint code CC!

Dan
Faulkner

On second thought...

Post by Faulkner »

...maybe the "Blue Warper" (I mispelled the first time) ain't so bad after all. I changed the dimensions a bit, it shows a green lip now...

I guess it's OK. Should I leave it?

Dan
mrtester

Post by mrtester »

Leave those buttons as is! The blue buttons with neon(?) green borders remind me of all those Radio Shack telephones with clear plastic cases. 8)

The look of that color on a phone is futuristic, same thing here with the selector buttons. Come to think of it, if Chrysler still had push button transmission controls today, wouldn't they be lit up at night just like that? :lol: