Getting back onto the Forum

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Getting back onto the Forum

Post by Faulkner »

Folks, I am so very sorry if you've been having trouble getting onto the Forum. Here's what you do (in Internet Explorer; you'll have to figure out the equivalent in Firefox or Chrome):

Tools -> Internet Options -> under General Tab, Browsing History -> Delete... -> delete your temporary internet files, and your cookies. If you have 59sportfury.net/59forum as a favorite, delete that too.

Then, either go to the main page and select Forum, or go directly to 59plymouth.net/59forum. Re-login (because you deleted the cookie with your account information), and check the check box that asks if you want your computer to remember your login (creates a new cookie).

You're wondering why I put you through such grief. It's because I've found gallery software that will permit Ron and I to move all of the website content (Ephemera, Showcase, etc.) into galleries where users can browse, and comment - and it will be easy for us to manage. Hopefully, lots of stuff that's been waiting to find its way onto the site will now make it soon - images, videos, music, pdf's - all in the gallery. Plus, your login to the Forum will be your login to the Gallery. That's because they will share the user database.

That last part is what forced me to break the cookies; and it doesn't help that I have two names that point to the same place, 59sportfury and 59plymouth. Cookies are sensitive to names, and the confusion confounded the error.

What can I say, but that I'm sorry! It will get better - I promise. Please contact me personally if you continue to have problems, and I will do what I can to get you straightened out.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"