DICK'S 59 RED & WHITE SPORT FURY RESTORATION.

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Dick Koch

Re: DICK'S 59 RED & WHITE SPORT FURY RESTORATION.

Post by Dick Koch »

Matthew - That's the second time you pointed that out. I knew it but haven't taken the time to turn it around.
Blame Sergio.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Did I already told you that before? I can't remember. Guess I'm getting old.

Looks like I need to visit you again to fix it :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

When you visited me.
Dick.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Several weeks ago I had Charleen up on the lift and noticed the rear muffler rubber hanger supports were broken and that the correct brackets were missing, don't know how that got pass me but John Fowlie sent me a set so now she's up to snuff. The rubber Hanger supports you see in the pictures I got at NAPA and they were perfect for this repair.

The gas gauge quit working so I decided to take the sending unit out of the tank to see if that was the cause. It looked real good except the brass float had sprung a leak and was full of gas. I was lucky and found another float. Put that in and all is good.
Dick
100_0260.JPG
100_0261.JPG
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hey Dick! 'Splain how you did this:
101_0034.JPG
What's the material, and did you paint it before you slid it in, or after? What paint did you use?
101_0036.JPG
Did you use anything to glue it in place?
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Dan - The light brown paper is heavy kraft paper. I had a roll I got to help mask the car for painting. You can also use large paper bags that you place over each opening and with a pen or pencil trace the opening right to the edge of the opening. You use these as a template. I got some heavy black paper board from my upholsterer , it's approx. 1/8" thick, they use it for door panels and behind the back seat as a separation from the trunk. You may also find it at a craft store. I laid the template on the black board and traced the template on the board. Then using an exacto knife or razor blade cut the board on the outside of the line for a tight fit. If to tight you can always trim it. It is not slid under, it's just a tight fit. Mask the metal around the hole to prevent spraying any adhesive on the paint. I used 3M general purpose adhesive in a spray can. Spray both the trunk and the back of the board. Make a few practice runs before you spray the adhesive because once you place it that's it. If it's off a little bit you can use a small artist brush and flat black paint to cover your boo boo.
Good luck,
Dick