Obtaining Vehicle Records

There's a vendor for everything! Check out some of the popular ones here
Faulkner

Obtaining Vehicle Records

Post by Faulkner »

Hi Mitch, your message came to me. I'm taking the liberty of posting my reply to both the mailing list and the forum, in case other members would like to comment.
I've recently purchased a 1959 plymouth sport fury which i'm restoring.
Is it possible to find out where the car was originally bought from i.e. dealer, state etc?
I live in the U.K. and i dont have any documented history on it. It has been here for about 5 years and I think it came from California area.

There is a number on the inside of the drivers door which is M294 102866. Is this the VIN number?

I also have 2 number plates which came with the car. (LCJ 954 and RGU 979). They are black California plates. Not sure if they belong to the car.

The color of the car was red i think. I need to find that out too so i can respray it the original color.

If you can help me it would be great. If not perhaps you may know how i can find out the history of this lovely motor.
The Chrysler Historical Collection has a record of where, when and how your car was built. When I ordered mine (see http://59sportfury.net/faulkner/page2.html) it cost $45. Contact Lorri by email (info below), and let her know you want a build record request form. Include your postal address. Good luck!

Dan

Lorri Dunning ld89@daimlerchrysler.com
DaimlerChrysler
Corporate Historical Collection
Phone: 313-252-2902
Fax: 313-252-2928
www.chryslerheritage.com