"Plug a ditch"?!

Your banter here!
Faulkner

"Plug a ditch"?!

Post by Faulkner »

JSSuper

Post by JSSuper »

I was about to go ballistic, as an ex poster in Car&Driver forums and hanging around the 5.0 boards on Stangnet, I've learned how to flame with the best of them.

Something made me hold off for a bit, its a new board for me so I didn't want to get mouthy to a board veteran (443 posts or so) without a little more info first.... Forwardlook and this site are all Classic car owners and the cars, and owners, are all alike in many ways. It would be an unlikely place for flame wars, unlike the Modular 4.6L forums on Stangnet or any board on C&D. Therefore I can't see him seriously making fun of a Dodge or Plymouth without degrading his DeSoto a LOT!

Sure enough, he obviously has a unique (Cough) sens of humor as in later posts he gets serious and says how horrible it is to crush, or "Plug a ditch", with any of these neat and unique old cars, and I just happen to agree 8)
Cody C.
The prowd owner of a 1959 Iceberg White Sport Fury 318 TqFlt.
mrtester

Post by mrtester »

Brand-F is the champion ditch-plugger, because it was used to actually plug a ditch. Look up the December 1960 issue of Popular Science magazine, there is an article in the index of that issue, entitled "Car Plugs Hole in Dike." There are two pictures of a contractor, with his bulldozer, building a dike in southern New Jersey, and using a 1951 Ford as part of that dike. That article reappeared in 1995, in an issue of Special Interest Autos, now known as Hemmings Classic Car magazine. Just think of it as a giant steel sandbag, it's what the competition is best for.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I've met and spent time with Dr Desoto. He is very knowledgeable about these cars. He also has a very unusual sense of "humor". Do not take him too seriously, this is the path he repeatedly chooses to take. Any questions.., Email me privately.