question about tailpipe hangers

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

question about tailpipe hangers

Post by Faulkner »

Ed Eckerson wrote:Hello Friends
This one is a real mystery!!!
In the past month I have spent $200 on NOS and used FRONT TAIL PIPE brackets and hangars!!!

Every possible combination of 59 PLYMOUTH WITH FACTORY DUALS has been checked (I THINK)

I have tried every possible combination of hangars and brackets that I have and NOTHING comes out 'even'.
Sometimes there is a left and right--sometimes the same hangar is used.

MOPAR MEL removed all the orig stuff (which I am sure was there) ...

ANYWAY---by the position of the bracket holes in the frame it looks totally symetrical but NO COMBINATION OF BRACKETS AND HANGARS that I have seem to come out correctly!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I impose on you guys--IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE THE ORIG FRONT TAILPIPE BRACKETS,,, (bolted to frame in front of the pineapple by 2 bolts and stick out horizontal toward the drive shaft) can you sneek a peek underneath and tell me................

1) Are both sides the same length???
2) Is the section of the bracket that sticks out from the frame----- in FRONT of the bolts or in BACK.
3) Is the section of the bracket that sticks out from the frame------ BELOW the level of the bolts or ABOVE.
(I ask this because the brackets can apparently be 'flipped' to fit either way.
4) Could you discribe the rubber supports that attach the front of the tail pipe to those brackets?

WOW--Please dont be mad--This has really frustrated me. After spending $200 I think its time to get some help. No combination I have seems to 'look' correct ED
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"