repairing door armrests

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

repairing door armrests

Post by Faulkner »

I've got my door armrests off, and I'm noticing that the thin, "crazed" plastic strip between the screw holes -- the part that comes directly in contact with the door panel -- is weak, and would probably crumble if I put any pressure on it. I could remove it and try to build it up with a plastic repair kit, but I'm thinking there must be something to seep into and consolidate the plastic fibers that are there -- a thin set epoxy, or something. I see that Eastwood has a plastic repair kit, I was thinking I might order that; but wondering first, if anyone has a recommendation?

Dan
rogerh

armrests

Post by rogerh »

No, I dont have a clever repair strategy...I figured I just had to find a better set...I have some crumbly ones which I will probably toss...unless you want them for "guinea pigs"
narleycharlie

arm rest

Post by narleycharlie »

Try using JB weld,mine had a crack up the center,filled it in and sanded it down and you never knew it was damaged.Charlie
If you don t ask for it,don t whine if you don t get it.(This goes for anything in life.)
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

JB Weld... I think I used that on a gas tank once! Worked like a champ... Thanks, Charlie, I'll give it a try. I think Eastwood has it.

Dan