Carter on a 318

Got a question? This is the place to ask
pilotusmc

Carter on a 318

Post by pilotusmc »

Just bought a rough 59 Sport Fury.... Original to the bolt and nut as I can tell.. Where can I get the 4bbl Carter rebuilt>
Faulkner

Re: Carter on a 318

Post by Faulkner »

Hi Bill, we corresponded privately - you gave your phone number with an 850 area code. Are you in the Florida Panhandle? We have a prominent member in Florida, Dick Koch, who can probably advise regarding someone to rebuild your carb - and probably your chrome replating, too. I'll ask him to check in.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Bill, Dick Koch here. I live in Palm Beach Gardens Fl. I will try to help you along and answer as best l can any questions you may have. Welcome to the 59 Plymouth site. We try to keep questions and answers on the forum so all owners can benefit from the discussions.
So far l have had pretty good luck rebuilding my own carburetors but l would consider Carolina Carburetors in Jacksonville. Google them. Any other questions dont hesitate to ask. Where are you located? Pictures of your car are required no matter the condition. Other members will also offer advice. Good luck with your car.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Bill - l have all my chrome plating done at spacecoast plating in Melbourne, Fl.
Prices are fair, work is excellent, they have done 3 cars for me. Delivery takes a while because they enjoy a good reputation.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
pilotusmc

Post by pilotusmc »

Faulkner wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:24 pm Hi Bill, we corresponded privately - you gave your phone number with an 850 area code. Are you in the Florida Panhandle? We have a prominent member in Florida, Dick Koch, who can probably advise regarding someone to rebuild your carb - and probably your chrome replating, too. I'll ask him to check in.
Yes I am near Pensacola...home of Naval Aviation