My New Project

jaydogg

My New Project

Post by jaydogg »

59ply1.jpg
IMG_0791.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
Just wanted to say hi and post a few pics of the new project.
A bout of weakness on Ebay and she is mine.
4 Dr Suburban Wagon-
She runs and is getting new disc brakes up front and new power assist via AAJ Brakes in Portland
(Roger is a great guy and a pleasure to work with).
Should have the lines replaced tomorrow and the rear cylinders as well. Hopefully on the road for a test drive friday or sat.
Going to leave the paint as is and redo the interior to original specs (more or less) and rebuild the engine this winter.
Plan to use her as a daily driver until the snow starts to fly.
Will post more pics at things move along.
Matthew Keij

Re: My New Project

Post by Matthew Keij »

Welcome and nice wagon!

Can you post a pic of the data plate? I already have the VIN.
It's the 6345th build Suburban build in L.A.
I can tell you more when I see the data plate.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I remember this one on Ebay, Looked in fine shape! Glad you got it and found out about the 59 Forum. What city and state do you live in?

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
jaydogg

Post by jaydogg »

Yeah this car is one of those ebay moments. Im in southern oregon in Klamath Falls.

I will get the vin for you today. Got the brake lines all in yesterday but I apparently have another issue to get her road worthy.
I was tapping on the rear wheel hub yesterday and the gas tank started to leak at which point i rubbed some of the rust off and the drip became a river so
anyone with ideas on repairing gas tanks? Ive been told you can boil it out then some radiator shops can coat the inside with an epoxy that will seal everything nice and tight. Welding a new bottom on is another option or going down to Williams and seeing if Big M has one in his yard. Any Ideas? :shock:
jaydogg

Post by jaydogg »

meant data plate not vin
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Welcome to the site Jaydogg - Nice station wagon, good luck with it. The power brake booster and master cylinder in the picture, can you tell us a litte about it, how it's mounted, any alterations required, etc., etc., etc. I see these units on ebay quite frequently but always have been skeptical about using one.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
jaydogg

Post by jaydogg »

Dick Koch wrote:Welcome to the site Jaydogg - Nice station wagon, good luck with it. The power brake booster and master cylinder in the picture, can you tell us a litte about it, how it's mounted, any alterations required, etc., etc., etc. I see these units on ebay quite frequently but always have been skeptical about using one.
Dick.
Hi Dick
The disc brake set up and power booster is from Roger at AAJ Brakes in Portland Or. I originally got the disc brack conversion brackets from him and the rest of the parts from NAPA etc. I got the power assist unit from him as well as the dual master.The power assist comes from MBM brakes and the dual is a corvette master cylinder. It comes with a bracket to attach to the firewall in place of the original single master and more importantly a piece that slips right in and attaches to the brake pedal. It has a bracket with the proportioning valve underneath it and all the hardware to plumb it. It took me an hr to get it all in and fits good. I have the rear lines to do today and get it bled and I will hopefully get it on the road next week to test them out. Gas tank is rusty so taking it to shop today to get fixed :x
I will let you know how things go
Jay
Bernie B.

Post by Bernie B. »

Welcome to the site from the east coast. If you are replacing the master cylinder firewall reinforcing plate, and don't want the old one any longer, I could use a good one... long story why, but there's a need.

Thanks,

Bernie
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I guess they call them rat rods, but I think the idea of leaving the exterior 'as is' whlile fixing the interior is a great one!

My connection to this website seems to lo longer alert me when there is a new post, so I offer you a belated welcome.
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Welcome to our site. Also remember the car on ebay as well as the model. She almost got me bidding as well. I'm also curious how your booster set up works out. I could never envision how the pedal activated the booster/mc. Enjoy!
rankinrr

Post by rankinrr »

How goes the project?
Rob R
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

She looks real clean,straight.Nice project,Iam kind of going through what you are,if you have A question please ask,I may have an answer or the others I am sure will,they are good!!!!!! Check back,like to see more of her.I just had my motor done and should be back soon,also doing an interior and later A re-paint,it keeps me busy as well,and makes the winter fly by!!!!!!!
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!