Reed and Malloy chase a suspect...

Your banter here!
rogerh

Reed and Malloy chase a suspect...

Post by rogerh »

I took this picture of the TV recently.
PICT0005.JPG
Officers Malloy and Reed of Adam-12 pursue a suspect into a salvage yard. There are a few glimpses of Mopars in the yard besides this '59 Plymouth 4 door...a 1960 Plymouth, for example, and I think an Imperial or two.
Dan is trying to edit the episode to show just the salvage yard footage, but he's having troubles copying from Hulu.
If all else fails, we will direct you to Hulu and the specific episode :D
I also watched It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World again. I just love those car chases!
Faulkner

Re: Reed and Malloy chase a suspect...

Post by Faulkner »

I've managed to convert it, Roger! Thanks for letting us know about this clip. Posting to the Gallery now - stay tuned!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Wow. 1.6 GB when converted! Something's wrong with this conversion program. It will take some more fussing before I can post it...

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I recorded the snippet off the tv using my digital camera, but I can't get it to upload or can't send it...nothing happens. i was able to post one still photo I took.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Got it! Check out "What's New"...

Dan
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

i love classic tv, and own a lot of DVD's of classic show, sadly, you cant watch hulu if you're outside of the United States, i wish they'd change that :(
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Bob, did not know you can not access HULU from the great white north, Is it a Candian block? Polluting young Canadian minds I bet!

That is not right!! Should be a NAFTA thing to allow it! We get the Red Green show here! But no Hockey NIght in Canada like I use to get when I lived in the Detroit area back in the day...

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

No John, its a not a Canadian block, from what i understand its to do with international copyright laws, funny how i watched these shows in prime time when they were on, and can see them in re runs on cable, apparently Hulu claims to hope to have all this worked out in due course....
With Hockey Night in Canada, you would've seen that on the CBC channel in Windsor, similar to here in Toronto where we see Buffalo TV and they can see TV from here over the air, not sure about cable.
I think things were a lot simpler and easier years ago!

Bob
Denver 59 Fin Convert

I agree 100% Bob. There are a lot of shows that have not been released yet to HULU. I wish they would. It is always about the dollar bill.
In Detroit, we would watch it (HN in Canada) on Channel Nine out of Windsor with Howie Meeker, My favorite radio station for many of us in Detroit area was CKLW (80 on the AM dial) that played all the top 40 hits.

Back then it was seamless what side of the River you were on. ( I had relatives in Tecumseh./ Bell River side) We would bop on over to watch the Windsor Spitfires and we used to boat over too( no customs for us!) during the summer months.

Those days are over for sure!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

CKLW was known as the Big 8, which competed well with Detroit radio stations, who probably at that time were in same league as the great Rock and Roll Stations from Philadelphia, WIBG and WFIL,and the big KB from Buffalo,WKBW, Detroit followed with the Big 8, WKNR, WXYZ, and WKMH.
I'll send you a private message with links to sites that you can hear airchecks from all the great stations, along with some of the greats we had here in Toronto!

Bob
Denver 59 Fin Convert

ahhh WXYZ with Dick Purton, WWJ had Tiger baseball all the time, and WJR radio with JP Mc Carthy (50,000 watt) station, can hear that all the way down to Florida. Along with WLS out of Chicago, another 50K watt station.

Memories... Like the corners of my mind...Misty waters... you get the picture! :P

John Q
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

As a kid i used to listen to WLS every night, new songs would be played there about 2 weeks before they hit the charts here, so i used to have bragging rights amongst my friends that i knew about new songs before they did!
I listened to Red Wings hockey with Bruce Martyn and Sid Abel on WJR for years,the Wings now are on an FM station so i cant hear it in Toronto, WJR booms in here like a local station most of the time.

Bob
big m

Post by big m »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:ahhh WXYZ with Dick Purton, WWJ had Tiger baseball all the time, and WJR radio with JP Mc Carthy (50,000 watt) station, can hear that all the way down to Florida. Along with WLS out of Chicago, another 50K watt station.

Memories... Like the corners of my mind...Misty waters... you get the picture! :P

John Q

Being as I grew up in the greater Detroit vicinity, I remember all these well.

If you go to www.rockitradio.net you can listen to and purchase sound checks on CD from all these stations, and others across Canada and the U.S. going back to the late forties. For those wondering what a sound check is, nearly one hour that was sampled from the airtime at a given time to find any broadcast problems. You get the actual broadcast with news, weather, music, and even the advertisements. I have bought over forty of these for cruising in my cars.

---John
In rust we trust!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Good old AM radio in its Monaural sounds, was sweet to the unsophisticated ear back in the day. CKLW during the summer months would have a beeb come on the air for sunbathers to roll over for better sunning coverage.

It was subtle, but it was there...At 15 mins. after and 15 mins. to the hour. 8)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)