1959 Plymouth Fury Hardtop Coupé SWB

Your banter here!
Faulkner

1959 Plymouth Fury Hardtop Coupé SWB

Post by Faulkner »

Many thanks to Bernie Brouillet for pointing out to me this webpage. And thanks to Sebastian Motsch, for graciously permitting its reproduction here.
Sebastian Motsch wrote: What if downsizing the US land yachts went a little different?

Every car enthusiast knows that the oil crisis in the early 1970’s eventually spelled the end for the gas guzzling land yachts. Cars from Europe and Japan with much better fuel economy flooded the US market and created a situation the big three had to face. They tried frantically to build something suitable. However, most cars they came up with were great achievements horrible miniature caricatures of the bygone era of dinosaurs. You fondly remember the downsized barges and new designs like the Ford Pinto, AMC Gremlin amongst others. Especially the shrunken Cadillacs and Lincolns put a sad expression on most peoples faces. But hey… what if they had approached the whole downsizing trend with a little bit of humor and left the interiors of the cars full-size and only compromised on the outside of the body and the drivetrain? They might have come up with something like this 1959 Plymouth Fury Hardtop Coupé Shorty concept I created. It puts a smile on your face, doesn’t it? :wink:
1959-Plymouth-Fury-Hardtop-Coupe-SWB-photoshop-chop.png

To enjoy more of Sebastian's "Photoshop Chops", be sure to visit here. Sebastian goes on to say,
I have more such SWB vehicles and once I finished #12 and #13 there will be a calender for sale.

Best regards
Sebastian
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"