'59 Plymouth Steering Wheel

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Faulkner

'59 Plymouth Steering Wheel

Post by Faulkner »

Looks to be in decent shape - of course, it will need repair and recasting, and a replacement cushion for the horn ring. Other than that it's perfect! :o :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Plymouth- ... U5&vxp=mtr
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Re: '59 Plymouth Steering Wheel

Post by william0431 »

:shock: :o :mrgreen: :D let me count my penneys and check under the couch coushins for quarters see what I come up with for this :D
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Well didn't find enough change in the couch for the buy it now price but did put an offer in and they accepted and I was able to save a little :D I finally have a wheel for the SF! Now to get it restored / recast. Thank you Dan for posting it
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

OMG William! That's awesome - congrats. Now, to chase down if the new D & D proprietors still recast these.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
william0431

Post by william0431 »

After checking around I found a guy in San Diego that cast them as well.

http://qualityrestorations.com/plymouth ... ng-wheels/

I emailed him a while back and said he could source a wheel and provide a full resto for $2500! which I thought was a little high. I will contact him again once the wheel I just purchased arrives and I can get some more detailed photos to send to him for an estimate. I will contact D&D and get an estimate from them as well for comparison.

It has been a good week of parts hunting. Got this wheel, a trunk V, clock, padded sun visors, side view mirror AND best of all A decent set of SF headliner boards that will clean up really nice with a little work :D
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Would it be blaspheme if I recast this wheel in stock green but add either gold or silver metal flake in the clear? :twisted: I know they came stock in just plain clear but that sparkle flake really makes the wheel POP!

Quality Restoration has photos of a couple 1960 Areo wheels they have done with the sparkle and ohhh boy they look good.