Barry Blackburn - Columbia, TN, USA

Faulkner

Barry Blackburn - Columbia, TN, USA

Post by Faulkner »

"My Dad bought this car in 1962", says Barry. "Of course it was used, he said new it sold for $3600. The former owner raced it, I believe it was in Union City, TN. When my Dad bought it he named it 'Little Red Reason'. I think the name had something to do with a woman...

It came out with a 3 speed on the column, but it kept locking up, so my Dad put a stick shift in the floor. A few years later (approximately 1968) he gave the car to my older brother who was only 17 at the time. He tore it up pretty bad as a reckless teenager. I remember the door handles were torn off, so sometimes he got in it like the boys on Dukes of Hazzard. Just like some of you said, he would out run the Fords and Chevys. It has a 361 four barrel. After a while he junked it out on the farm. Four years after it had been sitting out in the weather, I had a ‘big dream’ and decided to restore it so I could drive it. I was about 21 at the time. It didn’t have a top or floor board, rust hole in the side and no seats left. It was a mess. I bought two junk cars for parts, and some parts I had to make..."

"I had it finished in two years and it looks the same today as it did then. Very little has been done since. I’m now 52. I have been to car shows, but have never seen another one like it at a car show, only in books. I asked my wife if she would get on the internet and find out if there is anyone who has a 1959 Plymouth Sports Fury and she found you guys. Thanks."
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Barry's son Cody. Cody is now an adult!
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"