Who says chrome doesn't pay

Faulkner

Who says chrome doesn't pay

Post by Faulkner »

Hi guys, I'm back from the Emerald Isle! What a great trip... more about that later. Look what came UPS the other day! While at Carlisle, Dave Stragand handed me a card from a guy with chrome bumpers for a '59 for sale. (Thanks, Dave.) I'm OK with my front bumper, but my rear has holes drilled in it for a hitch, and is pretty dinged up. I talked him into selling me just the rear -- beautiful! Now, all I need to do is find the time to put it on. Matthew! Come on over!! 8)

Dan
IMG_4657.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Re: Who says chrome doesn't pay

Post by Faulkner »

Well, the world's slowest auto mechanic finally got around to installing the bumper today:

IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG

Lookin' good! The bumper guards went off to the chrome shop, along with the door window rails Ed Ober gave me, and the painted upper window rails I bought from John Fowlie, and have been kicking around in my office forever...

I was going to go to the Vineland Cruise tonight, but it just got to be too late, and there's a threat of rain... So I guess I'm going to pass. (Sorry, Ed.)

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Re: Who says chrome doesn't pay

Post by rogerh »

very nice! it definitely makes a difference!
I myself am putting on the push to get my car ready to drive south to McMinnville, OR in August, where there is to be a WPC regional show. If I make it there, there will be three 1959 Plymouth convertibles...Tom Fox's Belv convertible, Will Eichelberg's SF convertible, and my convertible. I made room reservations today...now I have to get the courage to drive there (200 miles) or else tow the car there and back.