Long way 2 go...

Zeus

Long way 2 go...

Post by Zeus »

But hopes of getting there eventually!!! (Not for "show" purposes but for my pleasure of driving her around again).

And... THIS is what she looked like about a year after I bought her which was 1987. Unfortunate things happed to let her get in the CURRENT condition... Be advised, YES, the window tint and wheels are photoshopped but that's it.. I pinstriped it because I was young and stupid at the time!!
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Man... I knew the rust-out in the front was pretty bad but after taking off the lower valance and bumper as well as the headlight rings and inside eyebrow, it's even worse than I thought... I guess it's time to find someone that can weld really well!

:cry:
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Wow, seems like you've got your work cut out for you! If I were you I'd be looking for replacement fenders instead of a welder. Keep us possted on your progress.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Yeah, John has the rear fenders for me but I haven't asked him about the rest yet. I've been laid off as of last week so my funds are limited more than usual until I find another job... Such is life! Guess I'll have to hit up John once more as you can see I'm in dire need of the front part (not sure what it's called but the part the radiator and all mounts to, where the pictures show)..
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I think it's called a radiator support, and a very hard part to find. My son Matthew has been looking for one for a while because he couldn't find the one from his car. He is lucky his brother found it again cause we have been looking for one for over 6 months and didn't find it :D

Last year in Carlisle I heard from Joe Leone that there was a junk yard in Virginia that probably had the part because they had 3 59's there. maybe somebody else from that area can give you an address.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Yes Ron, radiator support or core support. I am glad Matthew's was found again, but I am sure John Fowlie can supply an un-rusted one. When I heard Matthew's was missing, I went looking for one, and yes, they are not easy to find.
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Well, just a quick update... Waiting on core support from John and I have a few more pics of my current status (or lack thereof).

And now, a temporary "patch" with fiberglass until I can afford to get it fixed right (yeah, the huge rust hole in my license bracket area)

Image[/img]
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

ur a heck of a lot farther than me at the moment gary! i look out the window every night at batmobile almost as to say goodnight, it's getting to be a nightly ritual. i cannot wait until my garage improvements r done so i can resume my work. electric is off at the moment so no welding, maybe fri the power will be restored. have the engine i am going to use (try to anyways, gotta tear it down first) finally. gonna try to use the 360 block, and the '69 340 heads. i may put a few pics up of my powerplant while it's still in the bed of my truck now that i have a digital camera. it came w/ an auto tranny, belive it to be 727, but i'm not a mopar tranny buff. still thinking of using a manual, 5 speed pref though. i will have to manufacture/modify a power assist unit for the clutch m/c since my left ankle is a little weak. never been the same since i sprained it years ago. :(
my plan this time last year was to try to get her on the road for tulsarama, haha, the best laid plans.... :roll: well looks like i'm gonna be rolling in grandma ('78 omega). btw, yall wanna hear something freaky? my olds is from my great aunt, her and her husband bought it new. her younger sister's name (my grandmother) was omega. i got the car from my aunt (great aunt's niece) when she was put in the nursing home. ruth (my great aunt) died about a year after i recieved the car, 6 months later omega died. she was 78 years old. my car is a '78 omega (oldsmobile). coensidence huh? :shock: --j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.