free car

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
wheily

free car

Post by wheily »

hi its been a long time since i have been on .im looking for some one to take my car if you can hall its yours . i am moving and cant take it with me .its in bad shape but i think worth saving .it need a passinger front brake drum to make it roll.ther is no moter or tranz i live in atwater ca
SANY0011.JPG
SANY0012.JPG
SANY0010.JPG
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ohmigosh, a bona fide limo! Somebody save this car!!!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

man ole man... I'd take it off yer hands in a jiffy if i didn't live clear out on the EAST coast... what a ride!
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
big m

Post by big m »

Howdy! I would like to come down to pick this car up if it is still available. I am about 3 1/2 hours North of you near Sacramento, and can come down at your convenience. Let me have your telephone #, and we can get things going. Thanks, John
In rust we trust!
big m

Post by big m »

Howdy! I would like to come down to pick this car up if it is still available. I am about 3 1/2 hours North of you near Sacramento, and can come down at your convenience. Let me have your telephone #, and we can get things going. Thanks, John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

way to go, john, I am glad you will bring this one home
if it isnt in TOO terrible shape, maybe some day I can buy it from you.
I wonder if you remember Pentastar Classifeds, then Golden State Classifieds.. the editor of that newsletter.,, was a very large man. He had an airport limo he was going to get running, then drive around the country promoting his newsletter and collecting funds to restore his car...(I may have some of the details twisted). Anyway, he died of heart attack and I never learned what became of his airport limo, or if he even acquired one in the first place.
big m

Post by big m »

I picked the limo up yesterday. Art [the previous owner was quite helpful, and the hauling went without a hitch. Here are a few pics of it, still on my trailer. ---John
'59 Ply airport limo 003.jpg
'59 Ply airport limo 002.jpg
'59 Ply airport limo 001.jpg
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

big m wrote:I picked the limo up yesterday. Art [the previous owner was quite helpful, and the hauling went without a hitch. Here are a few pics of it, still on my trailer. ---John
Awesome, John! Now, don't you dare part it out :twisted: :twisted: Let's get this baby back on the road where she belongs. I wanna ride in the far back seat!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Good idea Dan, maybe to Carlisle in 2010? :)

Will you be ready John? :D
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Thank you, John, both for picking up the car, and for posting more pictures..There can't be more than 3-5 of these left in the country.
My swisschees memory seems to recall Pentastar Classified showing a photo of one, also in California, with other cars, behind a chainlink fence, under eucalyptus trees...I can recall no more...
There is an organisation called Professional Cars or something...Dawson Blackmore's name comes to mind...they are a group of ambulance and hearse owners...your car would fit their criteria...