Plymouth Arrives in Australia

vic barone

Plymouth Arrives in Australia

Post by vic barone »

Hi all. Some of you might know me already.

I live in the City of Adelaide in South Australia. I have been a fan of this site from day one.

I currently have a 59 Sports Fury that I have been restoring for the last 15 years. Same old storey, met my wife, bought a house, have two kids, meanwhile Plymouth sits in storage gathering dust.

I did however along the way restore 3 other plymouths with a couple of family members. 2 59's & 1 58. All 4dr Hdtps Belvedere's. We did them up as wedding cars.

So the time had finally come and I decided to restart my restoration. However along came this web site and it made me fall in love with the convertible. Here enters the next chapter.

I got to meet Chuck Hazelton, he advertised that he wanted to sell his car. We started sending emails, then photos, phone calls etc. Let me take this opportunity to say that Chuck defines the definition of a true "Gentleman".

No request was to demanding, he even got out into his garage in the middle of an Oregon winter to take more photos. His honesty, friendship, kind heartedness, morals and good willed nature has left la asting impressions on me that I will never forget.

He made the process of thinking of buying a car thousands of miles away from home so easy that its become a reality.

I am now the new owner of a 1959 Sport Fury Convertible.

Along the way I have also built up a frienship with Roger Howard. Thanks Roger, you too are a fine gentleman, with your knowledge, resources and good will and always time to take quetsions or help with parts.

It must be the Plymouth connection and that uniqueness that a Plymouth owner has.

My intention is to do a ground up restoration and hope to have an end result similar to that of Octie's (with a few minor personal touches)

I plan to sell my current hard top (with much regret), so as to fund the new project.

I hope to keep the site posted with my progress.

Attached are some photos of the new arrival and one of the old to soon depart

Cheers

Vic
res18.jpg
IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
Plymouth Pick Up
vic barone

few more pic's

Post by vic barone »

Just a couple more pics
IMG_0152.JPG
arrival
IMG_0142.JPG
cruise night
IMG_0155.JPG
arrival
vic barone

just a few more pic's

Post by vic barone »

I will try not to bore too much.

These are just some photos of the wedding cars

Cheers

Vic
Wedding cars.jpg
Wedding cars 002.jpg
Wedding cars 001.jpg
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Vic,

You have a great taste is cars! I love the looks of the convertible and this one already looks great. Please show some pictures of your work in progrees.

I never met Chuck but I agree 100% with you that Roger is a great guy! I met him last year and I am very happy that we will be paying him a visit this summer.

I hope your car will be as beautiful as Roger's someday!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:I never met Chuck but I agree 100% with you that Roger is a great guy! I met him last year and I am very happy that we will be paying him a visit this summer. Ron
I have to second that -- Roger is one of the best friends this group has, ever generous with his parts and his knowledge of cars. And it doesn't hurt that he's a nice guy!

Sorry you can't keep all of your toys, Vic, but let us know who the lucky new owner of the hardtop is.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

you all make me blush, with happiness.
Vic, great news you received the car. I feel your excitement. You will have stumbling blocks, but you will one day have the wind in your hair as you drive your cvt..(I dont know if you have hair, but you know what I mean)