Rats -- can't contact buyer

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Faulkner

Rats -- can't contact buyer

Post by Faulkner »

I tried to contact "hescosc", who just won the SF 'vert. Here's the message I got from eBay:
eBay wrote:Attention!
We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your wining buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
big m

Post by big m »

I've noticed E-bay doing this a lot lately. I had forgotten about an auction involving a '58 Chrysler, and once I found that the auction had ended, I e-mailed the seller. No dice! I guess e-bay thought they were losing too many sales outside of the e-bay parameter. ---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Well, I just now had luck in contacting the seller (as opposed to the buyer), asking him to forward my message to the buyer. Let's see if I hear from either one of them.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"