parting out my poly instead of selling it whole

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Safetymike

parting out my poly instead of selling it whole

Post by Safetymike »

Ok... I am giving up on my poly motor because, well, it just isn't working out... So... Here is the deal, these parts are for sale. I will be using the funds to finance an overhaul of a newer 318 which I will be putting in this car. Jump on this stuff quick. As soon as I have enough in hand to order some parts for the LA motor, I will pull the poly apart to ship stuff to whoever has bought it. Most accessories I will be reusing though, such as the alternator, the starter, and well, that is actually it. Everything else is for sale as you see it listed below. Engine as a whole has 47,000 on it, 2500-3000 of that since being rebuilt. It has had heating problems that I have not been able to solve. Know that when you buy. There have been 2 different sets of heads on this block, and the heating problem has been persistent, so I think it is something to do with the block, but who really knows. I guess at this point, if I put the LA in it and it still has troubles, then I know where the problem was, anyway!

Rebuilt heads: Has new intake and exhaust seats, new guides, new valves, springs, locks, retainers, have been magnafluxed, decked, rocker arms refaced: $450.00 Can ship via usps, as they are only 60 pounds a head.

Untouched 43,000 mile heads: could be bolted on and run, includes rocker arms and shafts: $150

Polished aluminum finned valve covers: Paid $400, will take $325.00

2 oil pans, both painted, minimal dents: $35.00 Each

2 Timing covers, both painted, one has a chunk out of the area by the seal, doesn't affect the seal: $25.00 each

1 set of 59 Exhaust manifolds, were sandblasted and painted, paint is burning off, no choke stove flapper thing, all through bolts, no studs to break: $75.00 for the pair

2-4 barrell induction set-up. Includes manifold that was shot blasted and painted silver, 2 Edelbrocks, one 500 and one 650 that was jetted down to a 500, progressive linkage, and a adjustment kit that includes multiple rods and jets, as well as 2 6 inch chrome air cleaners: $575.00

Hot Heads adaptor for the poly to a small block trans: I have cut a section out of the bottom so that access to the torque convertor bolts is possible. Believe me, it wasn't before! Paid $350: $275.00

Rebuilt block: Warning, has had heating issue, buy at your own risk, I think this is where the problem is, as nothing I have tried has solved this problem! Does have a nice crank, original pistons, not overbored, rods where honed, carries nice oil pressure, doesn't smoke, has a 264 duration cam with new lifters, new cam bearings, new timing chain: $450.00

I may separate the block for anyone who is interested if I don't sell it whole.

Prices may be negotiable. Doesn't hurt to ask... Trades to be considered: LA 4 barrell intake, LA headers, preferably chrome or coated, others may be considered.
safetymike1977

Me

Post by safetymike1977 »

Just so you know, I posted this.
safetymike1977

Heads sold

Post by safetymike1977 »

Looks like the rebuilt heads are sold. Anyone else?
safetymike1977

Update

Post by safetymike1977 »

Ok. I am going to use one of the Edelbrocks for the new 318 I am putting in the car, so... I will take 225 for the front 500 one and the progressive linkage. I will take 150 for the 2-4 intake. Remember guys, if you are interested, lets talk!
safetymike1977

Ridiculus!

Post by safetymike1977 »

Ok... this is ridiculous. No one even interested enough to offer trades???
martin59

Re: parting out my poly instead of selling it whole

Post by martin59 »

How much for the crankshaft pulley im looking for a pulley for 2 belts
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: parting out my poly instead of selling it whole

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Martin, this is an old for sale posting from 2005, So whatever he might had for sale probably is gone. Though he might respond if he still has them, but it is 7 years ago he had it for sale.

Give John Fowlie a call at 503-473-2225 or email him at bigmauto@colusanet.com. He is located 60 miles North of Sacramento, CA

This is your best bet if Safety Mike does not respond to you.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/