57/58 Plymouths

Your banter here!
Nighthawk

57/58 Plymouths

Post by Nighthawk »

While browsing the Forward Look site,i noticed a big section devoted to the 57/58 Plymouths but NO mention of the 59 except for a link to this site,is this a similar "snob" thing like in Chevs where only the 55-57s get a lot of press and the others (and if you ask me,better) cars get ignored??
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I don't know if it is a "snob" thing, maybe it is because of the Christine movie that the 58 is better known than the 59 all over the world.
And you guys are lucky that a lot of people at least know the cars we drive. In the Netherlands every US car from the fifties is Caddy or a Chebby!
My personal favourites are of course the 59 Plymouth and as a good second the 59 Impala. But these are exeptions because when you compare the 58 and 59 models of i.e. Buick or Oldsmobile I would choose the 58 without hasitation.

Ron Keij
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I know this is a Plymouth forum but this 59 Impala picture has to be shown to the world. The owner worked on this car for almost 4 years about 20 hours a week. The result is a brand new car, probably better than when it left the showroom in 1959. If you don't like it you can always look to the other car in the picture.

Ron
dscf0046.jpg
The woman in the stars and stripes shirt is my wife Marjo.
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Ron Keij wrote:I know this is a Plymouth forum but this 59 Impala picture has to be shown to the world. The owner worked on this car for almost 4 years about 20 hours a week. The result is a brand new car, probably better than when it left the showroom in 1959. If you don't like it you can always look to the other car in the picture.

Ron
And whats not to like there???
Think you asked the wrong person that question Ron!!

Bob
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I wasn't clear enough I guess, this was for all other forum members! I know a lot of them don't like the GM products, but I like a lot of other cars from the fifties too 8)

Ron
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Bob, there was also another 59 Impala that had the same colours as your Plymouth! It was black with a dark red stripe! We should post a pic of that one!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”

Post by Guest »

I'm open to most cars from the later '50's. My motto is "if it's got fins, I'm in!" ---John
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Matthew Keij wrote:Bob, there was also another 59 Impala that had the same colours as your Plymouth! It was black with a dark red stripe! We should post a pic of that one!
OK here it is.
dscf0050.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Wow!! thats sharp!!
Thanks guys!!

Bob
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:I wasn't clear enough I guess, this was for all other forum members! I know a lot of them don't like the GM products, but I like a lot of other cars from the fifties too 8)

Ron
Hey, I got nothin' against Chebbies...

Dan
dan16.jpg
Last edited by Faulkner on Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

You are not smiling in the picture, you are standing there because the photographer told you to do so :D

Ron
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I see you thinking!:
"This rustbucked ain't so bad! It's still 1 piece"
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
big m

Post by big m »

My dream that started over 20 years ago, was to have a '57, '58' and '59 Plymouth hardtop to drive around in. I am close to realizing that, and I hold no special feelings toward one year or the other. Here are some pics of my '57 daily driver, and the '58 I recently acquired. No pics of the '59 SF at this time, the car is completely apart, while I finish up some other projects. And No, i am not biased against other makes, just love the styling on these three years.---John
fins_etc._002.jpg
_57_fury_002.jpg
_57_fury_001.jpg
In rust we trust!