May find some goodies!

Your banter here!

May find some goodies!

Post by Guest »

I will be out scavenger hunting, tomorrow, and towards the end of next week. Tomorrow, I will be going to Redding Ca. to look at about 400 cars that the owner had plans of selling or restoring for his retirement, but vandals got into his property and promptly smashed all the glass and lenses from his cars. I looked at these about ten years ago, but I don't remember what EXACTLY was there. He had mostly forward look Mopars, as well as Challengers and Chargers, and about 50% Cadillac. Also, an older guy in Northern Ca. that has about 300 cars, I will be paying a visit to. If there are any good '59's available at either place, I will let you know. I've got enough projects to last me for a bit.
big m

Post by big m »

Moron Alert! Forgot to log in!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next time I'll remember!! ---John
In rust we trust!
zook250

Post by zook250 »

hey john. still looking for that left side tail light , can you keep an eye out for one? thanks

curt
big m

Post by big m »

No luck on that nice taillight assembly as of yet, Curt. The guy in Redding had a lot of forward look cars, but no '59 Plymouths. I did bring back a restorable '58 Plymouth Silver Special 2-door sedan, however.---John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hey John,
Years ago there was a small collection of FL cars in the Red Bluff area..the collector lives in SF and had found a place to store his cars ..then the farmer wanted him off, so all 30 cars went for ~$50 each to one buyer down in Colton. I was able to buy one rusty 59 Windsor 2ht which donated its windshield, p/w and power seat to my Sport Fury.
That story about the vandals just makes me sick..there are so many aimless destructive kids out there..I also can't handle any more projects right now, but I hate to think these cars might go to waste. Thanks for being there with your resources to save what you can.
There's a guy up here in WA that has a big collection of classics..he keeps them in converted chicken coops, not really out of the weather..dirt floors, so I've heard, so one can only imagine them rotting into the ground..he keeps them because he plans to restore them all...(uh huh)
Roger
big m

Post by big m »

I remember the collection up there in Red Bluff. I wish that I had known he was selling the cars for so cheap, I usually pay quite a bit more than that for parts cars. The fellow in Redding wants me to find homes for all the cars, and some are good candidates for restoration, others are good for parts. The '58 2-door I brought back Friday turned out to be fairly solid, and I will probably try to keep it complete.---John
In rust we trust!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I recall offering $500 for th Windsor, which he accepted. After the car arrived, i contacted him (he was sort of cagey) and asked about the other cars. He said he had not received any other offers, so let the lot go to thte Colton man, and I believe he said it worked out to $50 each. I still have the video Paul generated in an effort to market his cars..there were lots of good parts there.
big m

Post by big m »

Hopefully the cars either went to good homes, or the good parts went back into circulation for people needing them.---John
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I don't recall the names of the Colton men..I believe it's father and son..they have a restoration business, so the cars would have either been restored or would have donated parts to good causes. One of the people who posted pics of their car on 59SF site...its a white SF convertible..bought his car from the Colton men.
big m

Post by big m »

That's good to know! I hate it when these scrap guys get ahold of the old cars and treat them as weight only.---John
In rust we trust!