New to the '59 world

Your banter here!
MagicDave

New to the '59 world

Post by MagicDave »

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you all with such a lame post, but I am in UK and have fallen in love with the chevys of the late 50's, particularly the fury's and belvederes.

Can somebody please let me know what the differences are because to the untrained eye (mine) they look pretty similar.

If somebody can direct me to another website or forum that includes this info with pictures I would appreciate tit too.

Thanks
MagicDave
Faulkner

Re: New to the '59 world

Post by Faulkner »

MagicDave wrote:... I am in UK and have fallen in love with the chevys of the late 50's, particularly the fury's and belvederes.
Hi Dave -- Furys and Belvederes are Plymouths, a line from the Chrysler Corporation. Belairs are Chevys, a line from General Motors Corporation.

This site has plenty of Plymouths. Don't know much about chebbies -- gotta ask the Nighthawk about them :D

http://59sportfury.net/showcase/forrest.html

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Re: New to the '59 world

Post by Nighthawk »

Faulkner wrote:
MagicDave wrote:... I am in UK and have fallen in love with the chevys of the late 50's, particularly the fury's and belvederes.
Hi Dave -- Furys and Belvederes are Plymouths, a line from the Chrysler Corporation. Belairs are Chevys, a line from General Motors Corporation.

This site has plenty of Plymouths. Don't know much about chebbies -- gotta ask the Nighthawk about them :D

http://59sportfury.net/showcase/forrest.html

Dan
Ask away! Im a book,read me!!

Bob
Guy Salmon

Post by Guy Salmon »

Dave

Don't whereabouts you live in the UK. I should be at Americana , Newark
in July with my 59 Fury 2 door. Maybe see you there.

Guy Salmon.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Guy -- send me pix!!!

Thanks
Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Speaking of pics,now that the weather is finally getting better,ill be takng some more pics of both my cars and some side by side ones as well.

Bob
MagicDave

Post by MagicDave »

Hi, thanks for the info... shows how much I know.

In that case, its Plymouths i'm in love with, although I do like the Chevy BelAirs and a couple of others.

Hi Guy, I am from Manchester in the UK. What date is Americana? Have I missed it now?

Dave
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Dave,

I'm not from the UK but the Netherlands are very close. There are not too many 59 Plymouths for sale but I know very soon there will be one for sale in the Netherlands. No it's not mine but somebody asked me to help them sell. I am just waiting for them to send some extra pictures and the technical info on the car. And last but not least I need to know how much they want for it! I do have a picture of the car and I thought it might be interesting for you.

8) car!

Ron
p3_920.jpg
p2_571.jpg
p1_109.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

now THAT is an eye-catcher! wow!
MagicDave

WOW

Post by MagicDave »

What more is there to say...... She's beautiful.

Not sure if she's a plymouth or "GOLDSMOBILE" though... hehe

just kidding...

still beautiful though.