Welcome to J.D. Anderson!

Your banter here!
Faulkner

Welcome to J.D. Anderson!

Post by Faulkner »

For those who don't subscribe to the mailing list, let me introduce our newest member!
J.D.Anderson wrote:Hello everyone, I've looked high and low for a long time and have finaly found a real decent 59 fury four door. I wanted a sport fury but hey I'll love this one just as much as if I'de found the S.F. . I still need plenty of parts and would be greatful for any help on this matter. I would like to upload my photos as soon as I get them back. I'm not a computer guy just a fury guy so be patient with with my computer skills. Thanks for having a great site it has already helped me alot. J.D.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Another member! Yeah 8)
Great that he has a 4dr! He won't be able to hi-jack parts that I need :wink: Haha!
Welcome to the group. I'd love to see some pics of your Fury
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

Welcome aboard J.D. - Your story sounds like mine. I too was hunting for a 59 Sport Fury for years. During my hunt I found a 4-door Fury and fearing that I would not find an affordable Sport Fury I purchased the 4-door. Lo and behold, a couple years later that special Sport Fury showed up and I got her. But that 4-door is near and dear to my heart and I'm hanging on to it. So keep looking while you enjoy your Fury - your Sport just might show up.
docholiday1968

Floor pan blues

Post by docholiday1968 »

[/b] Hey guys I'm working on the floor board and have almost all the bad parts cut out. That didn't leave a whole lot but enough to scab on with new sheet iron. After I weld the new sheet iron in I am going to Put undercoating on the top and Bottom. I hope this is the norm for floor board restoration besides buying a new floor for it. I'm doing this with my son and I have to draw on the info my brothers gave me when they were here. I have plans to use fiber glass to fix the rotted out rear Quater panels. Am I on the right track?
J. D. Anderson
Goauld

floor pans

Post by Goauld »

You are right on when you want to undercoat the top and bottoms of the floor pans. More old cars rust from the inside out than not. As far as the fiberglass quarters. I personally am not doing that with my Sport Fury. I think putting sheetmetal back in is the way to go. But if fiberglass is what you want, go ahead, just be carefull when you do it. If it ain't perfect it will show glaringly.
Craig
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I echo the sentiment. With our cars climbing in value, the justification is there to cut out bad metal and replace with good metal.
docholiday1968

Seat rails

Post by docholiday1968 »

The rails my seat slides back and forth on are completly rotted and I'm at a loss as what to do. I could build some but that is a pretty pricise bit of of metal working. Any ideas? Thanks for getting back with me so quick. If any one wants to e-mail me directly with suggestions my e-mail is docholiday68@peoplepc.com. Thanks J. D.
J. D. Anderson