Need some info!

Your banter here!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

although i don't know why you suggest we prohibit guest posting, it is not up to me. This List has been well-behaved to date...
.Thank you for the windshield listing...I assume PDSC means Plymouth, Desoto, Chrysler?????
ronbo97

Post by ronbo97 »

rogerh wrote:although i don't know why you suggest we prohibit guest posting, it is not up to me. This List has been well-behaved to date...
.Thank you for the windshield listing...I assume PDSC means Plymouth, Desoto, Chrysler?????
And Dodge ! :D
tomf

Post by tomf »

Ron, thanks for the windshield clarification. My post was in response to one saying all 57-59 windshields were interchangeable. I owned a 58 Fury and I knew it was not the same as 59, but I was unaware of the 57, 58 Plymouth convertibles having the 453 bubble. Haven't seen one of those cars around here in years.
I corresponded with a guy in Canada a few years ago who wanted one of my windshields for a 58 DeSoto hardtop, and his measurements didn't agree with mine, so we decided that interchange wouldn't work.
So my previous post had a couple of errors, at least it prompted us to get the facts! That's what makes this site a value to all, thanks Dan and Roger and Ron for your input,
Tom
zook250

Post by zook250 »

Hi all. in 2003 i replaced the windshield on our 59 fury. we purchased it from auto city glass inc. they are located at

28433 hiway 65 N.E
isanti, mn , 55040
763/444-5880

the windshield description is DW 453, and the cost was 569.00 U.S.C
the vehicle i.d is, 59plymouth2drht

when we picked the windshield up we did not notice that it was a straight windshield (no bubble) when i called them back , i was told that the bubble windshields are no longer produced anywhere.

the windshield however did fit perfectly.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

ronbo97 wrote:That is my post above. It may be a good idea to disallow Guest posting.

Ron
Thanks, Ron, for the valuable info. As far as guest posts go, I'll take all the traffic I can get! :D

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
ronbo97

Post by ronbo97 »

Faulkner wrote: Thanks, Ron, for the valuable info. As far as guest posts go, I'll take all the traffic I can get! :D

Dan
Dan -

Not to get off-topic, but two reasons that you want to disallow guest postings:

1. Spam and non-59 Sport Fury stuff being posted by whoever finds your site.

2. If you have three people posting as Guests, how will anyone know who is who ?

Just something to consider.

Ron
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

ronbo97 wrote:Not to get off-topic, but two reasons that you want to disallow guest postings:
1. Spam and non-59 Sport Fury stuff being posted by whoever finds your site.
2. If you have three people posting as Guests, how will anyone know who is who ?
Fershur Ron -- but, in over a year of operation, we haven't been spammed by robots or trolls, to my knowledge. If ever that gets to be a problem, I'll shut it down.

And, I agree about not knowing who is who; but many folks who came as guests ending up joining, because of positive feedback. Lowering the bar is one way to draw them in (i.e., not having to go through the extra clicks to sign up), and they often sign their name anyway.

At any rate, it's just a decision I made, and I'm not unhappy with it so far. If that should change, we'll switch to "members only".

Thanks again for your helpful comments!

Dan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

I think you are right Dan, but you can get confused when somebody is posting as Guest and we all think it is Roger :lol:

Ron Keij
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Hmmm...
:idea: :idea: :idea:
Perhaps, Roger could change his last name to "Guest"?
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Thanks, guys. That's the best laugh I've had in quite awhile!
You ended my day on an "up" note!
-Roger, the GuestMember-