Spring is coming

Your banter here!
Goauld

Spring is coming

Post by Goauld »

Hi all:
It is March now and I just went down to the DMV to get tags fo my 59 SF convert. I put in for FURY 59, WINGED1, and GOTFINS, I hope I get one of them. The car is also going to the mechanic monday to see why I can't keep the engine running more than 10 minutes. The itch for work to begin again on my car is driving me crazy, winter was just to cold, and my garage to small to work on it. After we figure out the engine monday, the rust in the trunk around the gastank is next, along with the pinhole to halfdollar sized rust holes in the pans, Huray!!!!! :D I also have bought the eyebrow pieces for both of the headlights, that too will be fixed soon. but I am going to have to wait for that as my roof is being torn off and replaced end of March early April, that will be major money :shock: My wife has put her foot down.
Now on to my questons
I need a driverside quarter pannel from the middle of the wheel back to the bumper, any suggestions or anyone have a quarter pannel they are willing to part with?
and does this car have bushings where the body bolts to the frame if so how many and where do I get them?
Craig in Peoria

Rember we all will become what we strive to be... enjoy becoming.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Craig,

Give these guys a shout:

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com

I've seen them advertise these parts on eBay; they may have stock.

Spring's a comin'!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Faulkner wrote:Craig,

Give these guys a shout:

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com

I've seen them advertise these parts on eBay; they may have stock.

Spring's a comin'!

Dan
A word of warning tho about them,when i was doing my 58 Chev i called them about a hood for it,they told me that they had one in Texas that they would get for me, i was asked to give a deposit which i did,but the hood never did materialize,and after who knows how many phone calls and emails,i finally did get my deposit back.
So just be careful with this outfit.

Bob
Goauld

thanks guys

Post by Goauld »

thanks guys I will give them a look but i will be carefull with them
Craig
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

When I had my '55 Plymouth, I bought a pair of fiberglass fenders from them. They were kinda lacksadaisical, it took a while for the fenders to ship; and they went to the depot, instead of being drop-shipped as we had agreed. But I attributed it to being more scatterbrained than malicious. The fenders were beautiful; I was really pleased with the quality. Where you gonna get stuff like this?!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"