59 Limousine

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Ron Keij

59 Limousine

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

Here we have a very rare car, a 1959 Plymouth Limousine. This car is in Belgium and costs € 1500. I have been told that this are older pictures and the car isn't that good anymore. If anybody is seriously interested in this car I can go check it out and make more pictures. It is not too far away from me (2 hr drive).

Ron
81379282.jpg
81379281.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron, was this the car Davy Borghys was interested in, and looking at?

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Dan,

Yes this is the car Davy was interested in. He mailed me the pics yesterday and that is how I found the ad. According to Davy these are older pics of the car, now the interior has holes in it and the engine and transmission are separated from the car. The car is for sale with these parts of course (6 cyl and manual).

Ron
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

As I wrote to Ron, I am more familiar with the 8-door Airport Limousines. There was a man in California who published a monthly newsletter called the GoldStar Classified. He had located one and was raising funds to either buy it or restore it when he unexpectedly died of a heart attack. I was unable to contact his heirs, so I don't know what happened to that car.
This Belgian car is certainly interesting in its own right. Not as bizarre as an airport limo...just a mild "stretch"
Ian

Post by Ian »

I have just spoken to a guy who has an Irish built '59 Limo, hopefully I will get some pictures soon. I have invited him to check out the site and join the forum.
Did this Belgian car sell do we know?
Regards,
Ian.
Preserving Forward Look Mopars in the UK
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

maybe someone in the area could make a phone call?
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

As far as I know it hasn't sold yet. I can make a phone call if somebody is interested in this car. It is located a couple of miles from the place where we found Matthew's 59 Fury. We will be going there tomorrow to pick up the engine of his car but the shop where they are selling the Limo will probably closed on Sunday.

Ron
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

rogerh wrote:As I wrote to Ron, I am more familiar with the 8-door Airport Limousines. There was a man in California who published a monthly newsletter called the GoldStar Classified. He had located one and was raising funds to either buy it or restore it when he unexpectedly died of a heart attack. I was unable to contact his heirs, so I don't know what happened to that car.
This Belgian car is certainly interesting in its own right. Not as bizarre as an airport limo...just a mild "stretch"
Heres a link to some pics of a 59 Chev limo that someone rescued and restored............it was an 8 door originally,i liked it better that way!

http://www.land-yachts.com/59chevas.htm
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

Just received an e-mail from Davy Borghys that the Limo is sold to a friend of him for € 650 ($750) and that the seller didn't take the engine and transmission :roll: :roll:

Ron
Denversignature

59 Limousine Limousine

Post by Denversignature »

wow! what a sexy Plymouth Limousine car...pls anyone tell me where i can buy a used Plymouth Limousine in denver. :D :lol:

signature car company
jimamily

Re: 59 Limousine

Post by jimamily »

Nice photo collection, after a long time.