posting picture attachments

Your banter here!
Faulkner

posting picture attachments

Post by Faulkner »

For those of you who have been stymied in adding picture attachments to your posts, here are some (I hope) clearer instructions...

The first step is to "browse". This fills in the text box with the address on your computer of the picture, as preparation for transferring to our site. You wouldn't have to browse if you could type the address in, but usually it's long and contains spaces -- best to use browse to locate it, and have it fill in the address for you.

The second step is to "add attachment". This actually transfers the image from your computer to the website, where it's size is evaluated and then, if it's acceptable, it's placed in a folder. That's all that happens; there still isn't any posting, it's just there to be used when you finally submit your post.

Step 1 and 2 can be repeated, up to three times per post (i.e., no more than three attached images per post).

[At this point, you can "preview" your post to see what it will look like, and make any necessary corrections -- but, it's not required.]

The third and final step is to "submit". This links your post to the images you uploaded, and puts it on the forum.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

testing one, two, three...
im000172.jpg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Houston -- we have liftoff!! :lol:

Congrats Roger...

Dan
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Dan - Your instructions for posting picture attachments states the first step is to "browse" explane how please???????? I assume its a way to fine the picture you want to attach.
Thanks,
Dick.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

@Roger, CONGRATULATIONS! :lol: Now we expect more pictures from you!

@Dick, when you click on the browse button you can search on your own computer to the picture you want to attach. You will have to know where you saved the picture. Most people have their pictures saved in C/my documents/my pictures. Good luck

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Thanks Ron - where to I find the browse button on the forum. When I send an e-mal (DSL) on my ISP (bellsouth.net) I have a browse button. I can not figure out how to send pictures on the forum.
Dick.

Forget it, I think I just fiqured it out. I will try sending pictures of my 60 Desoto Adventurer.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Well, that did'nt work. I will try again.
Dick.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Awaiting further instructions.
Dick.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Dick, after to identify the picture you want to upload -- and it appears you did that correctly -- you have to press the "add attachment" button, and wait. When the browser icon in the top right hand corner stops waving, or turning, or whatever yours does -- the page will refresh. Then, press submit -- not before.

I suspect your images failed to complete the upload, before you pressed submit.

Dan
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

OK I'll give it a try.
Dick