Mitch and Lisa Boon - Ipswich, England

Faulkner

Mitch and Lisa Boon - Ipswich, England

Post by Faulkner »

Mitch and Lisa "are from a place called Ipswich which is about 70 miles east of the capital of London, England on the coast. It's not a bad place." Mitch continues, "I did live in Savannah, Georgia for a little while when I was in my teens. That is how I became interested in American cars. I did own a Pontiac Le Mans when I was there. The Sport Fury I own now is the first American car I've owned here and I can't wait to get it on the road. I always said that I'd own a classic before I was 40 and I'm 34 now so I've achieved my goal.

I don't have any history on my car but will hopefully get some over the coming years. All I know is that it has been over here for about 5 years. It was shipped over by a company who sell old cars for restoration. The company is called California Connection based here in the U.K. They were doing the work for a customer who then decided it wasn't what they wanted so then C. C. put it up for sale. I purchased it about 2 months ago pretty much as you see it now.

All the interior has been reupholstered and put into storage until it can be installed. As you can see my wife Lisa and I have a lot of work to do but it will be well worth it when it's done. There are a few parts missing which will be difficult to find but with help from you and other enthusiasts I'm sure I will find them."

"The chassis has been sand blasted and repainted and all suspension parts replaced with new ones. Having all new brakes and wheel cylinders replaced as well.

I have started to put my car back together now. The engine is now in place after having to make up some engine mounts. It originally had a 318 cid but now a 361 resides in its place. At the moment I'm renewing the whole wire loom and adding new relays for added safety.
Still got to get the bodywork straightened but that will have to wait for a while. "
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"