side view mirror

Got a question? This is the place to ask
eroomas

side view mirror

Post by eroomas »

I just bought a side view mirror for the passenger side. I'm lookin for some advice on how to mount it. It did not come with screws so that's the first thing. I can figure out the placement, I just assume that the screws have to screw into some kind of nuts inside the fender. what is the best way to access the inside of the fender? Thanks in advance.
Ken Jacob

Re: side view mirror

Post by Ken Jacob »

Mine are fastened with chromed Phillips head sheet metal screws that just screw into the fender thus no need to try to hold anything under the fender. Those mirrors do look nice - wonder how the pot metal compares with the original alloy.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Eroomas; I did mine with the hood hinges off. It is easier to get your hand in there but was still tight.I don't know if you want to go that route as I had mine off any way. I used Dick Koch's measurement from one of his past posts but moved it forward about A 1/4 inch as it was running close to A fender rib and would have made it too close for the flat washer to seat flat (maybe use narrow washers).Can't remember if I used 1/4 or #10 screws and nuts. Like I said it is tight. If you do remove the hinge SCRIBE THE POSITION before it comes off and it will make it easier to locate it when it goes back on and will save hood line up time.If you are right handed( being on the passenger side)and your hand is smaller than mine you may be able to do it with the hinge on. Locate A talented child, all I have are two cats and my wife. No help. Take the measurements from your other mirror,I had to go from scratch. Good luck Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

All four of my cars have the mirrors held on with oval head sheet metal stainless steel screws and they are very solid.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
eroomas

Post by eroomas »

Dick Koch wrote:All four of my cars have the mirrors held on with oval head sheet metal stainless steel screws and they are very solid.
Dick
Thank Dick, Thats what I ended up doing. It seem pretty solid to me as well.
20170130_185506.jpg