Vendor at Carlisle

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Faulkner

Vendor at Carlisle

Post by Faulkner »

Below are pix I took from the booth of a vendor at Carlisle that had many decent '59 Plymouth parts. If you have an interest, feel free to contact the vendor directly - smoknrams at yahoo dot com.
IMG_1927.JPG
IMG_1928.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG
If you have an interest in these rocker moldings, contact me directly - I bought them!
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG
IMG_1936.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1938.JPG
IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG
IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG
IMG_1954.JPG
IMG_1955.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Re: Vendor at Carlisle

Post by Matthew Keij »

I know Raymond bought a lot of the outside trim so I guess most of that is gone
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew Keij wrote:I know Raymond bought a lot of the outside trim so I guess most of that is gone
When did he buy it, Matthew? Before or after I ran after Billy late in the day Saturday, to ask about the rocker moldings? It was when I went to pick them up, that I took these pix.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I guess they were already gone then :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Yeah, I think most of what is in the pix is still available - it was late in the day, and they were packing it up.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Hello, if any one knows or hears from or runs into this this seller (William "Billy" Cross) please let me know. I paid him for a bunch of these parts over two months ago and have yet to receive them and have tried every way possible to get back in touch with him, but after receiving my money he has not answered or returned any calls, texts messages, Facebook posts, Morris code or smoke signals :/ I am really hopping there is some extenuating circumstances that has caused him not to respond, as I hope he is not intenualy blocking my calls. I belive people are good to thier word as that is how I am and how I do buisness but unfortunately that is not always the case with others.

I'm not mad about being screwed out of money as I am about missing out on these parts, that I was truly excited about using to help complete my SF. I guess my search for these parts will have to continue.

I am sorry to be a bummer on this awesome site :(
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Oh no!! William, I am so sorry this happened to you. I had emailed him back in August, inquiring about the horn ring. Here's his reply:
Billy Cross wrote:From: smoknrams@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:31 PM
To: dan
Subject: Re: '59 horn ring

I had a guy buy 1/2 of my 59 parts as I was listing everything. It is sold
Was the horn ring something you negotiated? Billy should have said "paid for", since you didn't buy them if you didn't receive them :evil:

I don't expect I'll have any better luck if I try to reach him, although I'd be happy to try.

Grrrrr!!!
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Yes, the horn ring and he said he had the wheel too but it was completely cracked but was a core so I paid for it too. Thats the strange thing about it, he had it all posted on several Facebook pages. After I paid him he reposted marked what was sold and what was left. Every thing seemed on the up and up, but then a few weeks went by and no parts arrived, so tried every way possible to get a hold of him, fiannaly he responded once and said he had a family emergency (brother in law had a heart attack) and had been out of town but that he was back in buisness and every thing was good now. understandable and I was not mad, things happen. I even sent him 75 bucks to add another piece of trim to the order, again things happen and I was understanding and he said he would get it all in the mail. Fast forward two months and I can't get a hold of him at all. I am not giving up hope, he seemed like a nice enough guy and changed the ads so maybe something happened idk. The fact that he told you it was sold gives me hope. I wonder if something else happened to him? But still, I see him marked online every so often?

I was really hoping to get that windshield it matches the tint on the rest of my glass perfectly and I had my heart set on the deluxe steering wheel. But, things happen I hope that maybe they will still show up at some point.
william0431

Post by william0431 »

Hi all, I am happy and sad to report that Billy got in contact with me. Unfortunately he had a family/personal emergency, but he is going to help track down what the hold up on the shipment is and hopefully get this deal complete.

I'll let you all know when I get every thing and how it all works out. Fingers crossed that the wind shield makes it ok. After I get it all I will do an up date on what all I have acquired over the last year (including a 59 Savoy two door).
william0431

Post by william0431 »

It took a couple months and a few dozen fallow up phone calls but Billy came through for me!! Windshield made it to my dad's house just fine :D he is going to un box the rest for me later and move it over to my shop for storage. I bought the sun visors, a radio, clock, stone guards, the deluxe steering wheel (needs restored, but it is a good core) and Billy said he threw some extra sport fury stuff in there as well. Now that this stuff is there I can check it off my list and start searching for more items. I should have a sport deck coming in the mail any day now. To add to the mountain of parts I have collected, Any way I will reach out to Billy and see what all he has left of his plymouth stash and post it here. For you all to see if you need any thing.
received_1599335383464299.jpeg
received_1599335520130952.jpeg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

*Whew*! I'm glad Billy came through, this had me worried. It's exciting to see the preparations for your restoration taking shape!

Dan
william0431

Post by william0431 »

I'm super relieved!! These were some huge items on my parts list. I am feeling pretty confident now, these were the bulk of original /vintage hard to find parts I needed. The rest are all fairly easily obtained on line.

And I can steadily whittle that list down over the next few months. :D
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

William! Billy Cross is posting parts for sale in the Forward Look Mopar Network on Facebook. He's not selling anything he's already sold you, is he? Just making sure...
Cross.JPG
william0431

Post by william0431 »

No, looks like every thing I bought from him arrived at my dad's safe and sound and is not listed. I would recommend buying from Billy, I think it was just couple of rough months for him personally that lead to him not shipping and being hard to reach. He had a death in the family that he took very very hard. But sounds like he is back in buisness and is trying to rise some cash. He has some good stuff still.