trunk mat

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

trunk mat

Post by Faulkner »

55 survivor wrote:58; The website for the glove box is http://www.musclemaniacstore.com phone# 937-399-3733 ask for mike,he is mostly mopar muscle cars but also has/can get classic car items just call and ask,right now I have ordered A fitted trunk mat for my 59(rubber). Mark M
Mark, were you happy with the trunk mat you got from Muscle Maniac? (BTW, their eBay Store is no longer active for some reason, at least from the link on their website.) I also put an inquiry to Original Auto Interiors.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Re: trunk mat

Post by Dick Koch »

I ordered my glove box and trunk carpet from Gary Goers and they fit perfectly.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Was there carpet in there originally, or a rubber mat? I'm thinking rubber or vinyl would be easier to keep clean... Checking out the Goers catalog now.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Originally the matt was rubber, can't get anymore. I have cut pile black carpet, easy to clean, just vacuum.
Dick.
Faulkner

trunk mats

Post by Faulkner »

These look pretty nice - can be had in rubber or vinyl, depending on the car. I think I'll give them a shout on Monday.
mats.JPG
Faulkner

trunk mats

Post by Faulkner »

No dice:
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 10:39 AM
To: dan morton
Subject: RE: 1959 Ply. FUry

Hi Dan,

The 1959 Ply. Fury carpet sets are currently on sale at $231.
Sorry, we don’t offer a pre-made trunk kit for the 1959 Fury. We may be able to match and supply the trunk material by the yard or sheet. If interested please send us a small sample / close up picture of the material required for match up.
Sorry, we don’t handle the kick panels.

We are offering 10 % off on Carpet Sets for the month of June !!!

If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call @ 1 586 727 2486

Thank You
Kevin Tamblyn
Original Auto Interiors
7869 Trumble Rd.
Columbus, Mi 48063
United States

Phone #1 586 727 2486
Email order@originalauto.com
Website www.originalauto.com
We greatly appreciate referrals!!!
Goin' with Gary!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Dan, make sure thier carpets are not moulded. I ordered a set one time and found out it leaves creases and folds on a flat floor. My upholsterer could have made them at close to same price.
Dick
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Oy! I thought molded might be a good thing, but that sounds scary. I'll get both my trunk mat and interior carpeting from Gary, and read up on fitting.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I hadn't gotten around to placing my Goers order yet, when Mike from Mopar Maniac gave me a call (I forgot I filled out a form on his website). Just like Mark says below, he has the molded rubber (not vinyl) mat that he says is a perfect match for the original, with crowsfoot pattern:
55 survivor wrote:The website for the glove box is http://www.musclemaniacstore.com phone# 937-399-3733 ask for mike,he is mostly mopar muscle cars but also has/can get classic car items just call and ask,right now I have ordered A fitted trunk mat for my 59(rubber). Mark M
Mark, you posted this some time ago - did you receive the mat, and were you happy with it? It's $80, slightly less than Gary's price for a carpet ($87). He can also get a tire cover in vinyl with the same pattern. He also has kick panels...

I'm thinking about doing this instead of carpet for the trunk, and get the interior carpet from Gary. Let's hear what Mark has to say.

Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; Yes I got the mat off of musclemainiac. My car is in his pic from e-bay ad.It is cut long and I ran it up the rear seat back. Had the cut out for the spare as well. If he is not still on ebay try the phone# from my earlier post. He sells alot of 60's muscle mopar stuff. His is A heavy vinyl.I like it. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Mark, yes - Mike and I have been in contact by phone. But his eBay presence seems to have gone away.

Do you have a pic of the mat, can you post? I just breezed through the "Winter of '59", didn't see one...

Dan
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; I will post one later today. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan; Here are some pics. Like I said there is an extra part stitched on the top side. I don't know what it is for as I ran it up the seat back.Today I just folded it under as I am working on the car and placed it in for pictures.It has cut outs for the filler tube,I notched it out for the trunk latch base and A small acsess in the middle for my air shock stem.Plenty heavy and has some weight to it. Iam happy with it. Mark
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

That is awesome, Mark. I am going for it - tire cover too!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

55 survivor wrote:Dan; Here are some pics. Like I said there is an extra part stitched on the top side. I don't know what it is for as I ran it up the seat back.
Looks like that's what Muscle Maniacs proposed! They are selling the mats on eBay now...
MM.JPG