How to fix heater box

Got a question? This is the place to ask
martin59

How to fix heater box

Post by martin59 »

Is this my heater box just wondering since it has 2 mini radiators. But anyway could I bondo this or fiberglass it. I'm looking to eventually use the heater in my car and wondering what would be the best way to repair it.
IMG_20150907_155846344.jpg
WDJ40

Re: How to fix heater box

Post by WDJ40 »

Well I have done this to my old Mustang and Pontiac heater boxes that were hard to find replacements for.

I have used fiberglass cloth and resin to fix them on the inside. On the exterior surface I would try to mix up an epoxy liquid steel liquid (JB Weld might work) that comes in a tube. To darken it you can ad some black charcoal powder. To blend the color you can then spray vinyl dye on a rag and wipe the surface to blend the exterior color. If your technique is good you cannot see the repair.

The heater box needs to be sealed with no cracks or holes so that the full volume of air can push through the plenum or defroster ducts.
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

I did mine,do it like any fiberglass,look at my posts on show your ride "winter of 59"
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Martin - John Fowlie at BIG M Automotive, a member of this site probably has a good one on the shelf. What say you John.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Martin - John Fowlie at BIG M Automotive, a member of this site probably has a good one on the shelf. What say you John.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.