59 Savoy parts needed

Looking for something? Post it here!
Savoy taxi

59 Savoy parts needed

Post by Savoy taxi »

Hello, I need a good decklid, hood, rear valance, and front valance for my 59 Plymouth Savoy taxicab. I am in Wichita, Kansas, so the closer the better, but not a major issue. Thanks, Matt kansasbodyworks@sbcglobal.net.

Post subject: 59 Savoy parts needed

Post by Guest »

Would it upset you if I removed the parts you need from a perfectly good, complete Savoy sedan with 71,000 miles on the clock and just needing some minor work and a paint job to bring it back to life? :lol:

Good luck finding these parts in excellent condition in a salvage yard, you bigot! :roll:
Faulkner

Re: Post subject: 59 Savoy parts needed

Post by Faulkner »

Guest wrote:Good luck finding these parts in excellent condition in a salvage yard, you bigot! :roll:
Bigot?! Hmm... kindof a harsh word, no?

Hey Matt, a kid wracked up a really decent '59 recently, the guy who has it has been selling off parts on eBay. Here's his email:

puta1972@hotmail.com

He may still have the decklid and rear valence. The collision was front end, and my recollection is that the hood is totaled. the front valence might be OK, though... Give him a holler, see what he says.

Best of luck -- and more pix, please!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Wait! I don't have to recall -- I have pix of it, in the salvage section of the UFO page! Here's the back:

http://www.59sportfury.net/UFOs/salvage/35.jpg

Looks like the front valence is gone, though:

http://www.59sportfury.net/UFOs/salvage/33.jpg

(*sigh*)

Dan
Savoy taxi

59 Savoy parts needed

Post by Savoy taxi »

Guest, bigot? What the heck? I'm not really sure wanting parts makes me a bigot, but whatever...

Anyway, why are you parting that sedan? If it is parted already, do you have what I am looking for?

Let me know,

Matt
zook250

Post by zook250 »

I have ahood if your still looking? the only problem is im in winnipeg , manitoba , canada. let me know if your still in need
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Curt, I think that Matt posted his inquiry as a "guest" -- he won't get a notification of your reply. I have his email, I'll forward your remarks to him, and have him contact you directly if he's interested.

There's been a lot of chatter on the ForwardLook board about shipping large items Greyhound -- I wonder if they would take a bubble-wrapped hood?

Dan

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I'd like to forget that person and his insult...Did he have his target identified correctly? It seems not..
Valances are super-rare
I wish you luck
roger
safetymike1977

Greyhound

Post by safetymike1977 »

Check their website, there are size restrictions on them too. May have to go to a freight carrier like R+L.