IMG_1698.JPG
body and frame
IMG_1702.JPG
body on rolling dolly
IMG_1840.JPG
frame with new disc and rearend
IMG_1839.JPG
windows out
So I started two summers ago taking my new 59 Suburban and was going to "just get the wiring fixed, redo the interior, add front disc, new shocks, new rubber gaskets, rebuilt tranny, rebuild engine"....you know the little things... Ok so here is where im at. I want it to look fairly stock but be able to cruise the country so some modifications went into it.

Body off frame ...frame has been blasted painted, and new front end suspension all around. Disc front brakes and since the 3spd overdrive is not salvageable so no ebrake ....So I switched out the rear end for a coronet rear and put in disc brakes in the rear and a 3.55 pumpkin with new eaton posi. Now I have an E brake.

The engine was suspect so got a 62 318 poly from John at Big M in Cali. It is being rebuit with advice and parts from Gary Pavlovich and will be ready this week or next. For right now im using a fury dual quad intake but my try the new intake gary is designing for the 318. The tranny is a 46RH 4spd overdrive out of a durango that will bolt up to the 62 poly and give me good highway cruising with the 3.55 rear end.

Have finished all the interior pieces in epoxy primer and 2k high build and am going to be painting those soon. Interior done waiting to go in. Still fabricating seat legs that were rusted out.

Most sphincter tightening part of resto was taking glass out of rear of wagon this week.All safe no chips or breaks.

Body goes on rotissarie this week or next and bottom gets blasted with crushed glass I picked up in Hayward Cal. Works well at cutting rust and supposedly no silica. Used it on frame and it worked great. Will hit the underside and the few hard to reach areas in door areas then use sander on rest of car. Here are a few pics.

More to follow in a few weeks.

J
IMG_1842.JPG
Dash and other interior parts
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: A Little Project gone Wild

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Looking good! Glad to see another wagon making progress in getting back on the street! The wagon should move out well with the 3.55 geared 8 3/4 rear end under it. Adding disc to the rear is a great add.

My convert has a 3.58 geared rear end and it flies with my 413 Cu.In. Chrysler Big Block to power it.

Keep us updated with more pictures as you progress on your project.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/